Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We're crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
With the successful launch of SpatialOS to the gaming world, the popularity of our platform is growing. Our goal is to strongly demonstrate the potential of the platform, by producing a variety of playable demos, and technical showcases.
As a Game Tools Programmer at Improbable, you understand the core concepts of SpatialOS and use this knowledge to build a wide variety of tools on top of the platform. You design and implement powerful and intuitive workflows that will be technically robust for large-scale, complex games. You also help to drive the requirements of the platform by giving structured feedback on the process of using the technology and the challenges faced.
* Knowledge of implementing designer and art tools.
* Knowledge of game architectures and game development paradigms (e.g. entity component systems).
* Knowledge and working experience of game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, or CryEngine).
* Excellent communication and team skills.
* Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders (e.g. producers, artists, designers).
* Ability to establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches.
* Ability to define and understand elements of game design documents and technical design documents.
* Experience breaking down the development of a system into a number of manageable tasks.
The following would be advantageous:
* Previous experience with shipping 2+ titles.
* Previous experience developing titles for desktop or console.
* Previous experience with application development.
* Experience working with or developing game modding tools.
* A portfolio of projects/side projects.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that's why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Apply for this job
Improbable Home Page
Jobs powered by