As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to "level up" our talent. We're on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Onsite Gym & Wellness Activities (Yoga & Zumba)
ABOUT THE TEAM
Interested in Machine learning, but more importantly want to get things released, not be stuck in the research stage for another 2 years? Want to get your hard work out, live into the hands of over 10 million people on a daily basis as they play your now Auto-tuned levels utilizing bayesian analytics and neural networks? Ready to do some ridiculously cool stuff that people talk about in white papers, but is only actually being applied in a few spots around the world?
Our small platform team here at Jam City is the powerhouse of the company and this role is truly unique. The team is brilliant: A PhD in physics from Harvard, the first person to hack the MacOS and boot up windows on it, ex-Apple project managers, PhD's in statistics, among many other talented people. This is a place of immense resources and growth potential. Engineers at Jam City talk about topics like what it means to be conscious, or how genes are just an algorithm, so what does it mean to "be". Point is, we have fun here, and we are looking for some like-minded, highly talented people to join the team as we ramp up our efforts in a variety of really cool initiatives, of which you could take ownership.
WHAT YOU CAN WORK ON
* Content generation using variant auto encoders and ML, a truly top-notch data pipeline, and a warehouse of analytics that house trillions of events and is nearing a Petabyte of data, optimizing player experiences with cohorting.
* We are making level editing tools, core systems that all game teams can bring into their project and use to immediately hit the ground running.
* Pick something that you think you want to work on, that you feel will help the company, talk with the respective teams, and go to town.
* Also it's video games, which means it's a very chill workspace, and we can try some really new, wild experiments quickly...without the fear of blowing up a rocket on the launch site.
* Anyway, stuff is moving quickly here and we need help, so we hope to hear from you soon!
* Passionate and self-driven: If you feel you exist in the world to do cool stuff, and that not doing cool stuff would be a waste of your valuable time on this planet; good. We want people who are self-driven, because this team is very hands-off and not management-centric. If you are doing something that helps the company, good, keep doing it. You have to handle your projects from start to finish.
* The most critical skill you can have is the ability to learn quickly and alongside that, the desire to learn. No doubt there will be new tech here that you have not heard of, that's fine! It's up to you to read about it, and figure it out.
* Interest in games. We are a gaming company and this team interfaces with the game teams every day, so it's critical to understand how the games work, as well as the psychology behind games, what makes them fun, etc.
* You understand microservice architectures and how API's are meant to be made. The intricate balance between a single responsibility principle and a tool that is generic enough to work across all our games and in many situations.
* Good communication. You own your projects, which means you have to communicate what you are doing with our team, and other teams in the company.
NICE TO HAVE
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is a leader in mobile entertainment, providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to broad global audiences.
Jam City was founded in 2009 by MySpace co-founder and CEO Chris DeWolfe and former 20th Century Fox executive Josh Yguado.
Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest grossing and most enduring social gaming franchises for mobile, including Cookie Jam (Facebook "Game of the Year" winner) and Panda Pop.
Jam City is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands including Harry Potter, Family Guy, and Marvel Avengers. Jam City has eight studios around the globe including Los Angeles (HQ), Burbank, San Francisco, San Diego, Toronto, Bogotá, Berlin, and Buenos Aires.
The Jam City team is known for its creative excellence and technological innovation in key areas including storytelling, data science, and audience insights.