At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Functional Tech Analyst to join MSK's Payroll Dept. Under general direction, responsible for multiple Payroll systems to accurately record, approve, generate payments and provide reporting for more than 18,500 employees with system and business processes that comply with the law and MSK policy and procedures. Additionally, you will act as support and backup for the Manager, Payroll Applications.
Primary activities include: strategic, tactical and operational payroll systems design; emergency production corrections; system disaster recovery.
Primary systems are: Workday Time; Workday Payroll; MSK Time/API Healthcare and the MSK Intranet Timekeeping System.
* Support, maintain and keep assigned Payroll systems current and in compliance with the law. Resolve production problems.
* Perform quality control reviews for new system processes and modifications
* Test and deploy new and modified system processes with third party vendors, the IT Business Systems Group and HRIS teams.
* Write documentation, instructions, job aids and training materials.
* Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for all enterprise-wide projects that are affected by time and attendance capture and payroll.
* Support and backup responsibilities of Manager Payroll Applications.
* Support the development of strategic planning for the combined HR/Payroll System.
* Provide system and payroll procedural information to various senior leaders in the HR and Finance divisions when strategic projects include changes to systems, policies and procedures.
* Serve as team member for the multi-year MSK Time/API Healthcare implementation project.
* Manage Time and Attendance tasks on the MSK Time project plan and in production.
* Coordinate, plan, establish and keep to timelines for system projects.
* Communicate with key institutional stakeholders affected by projects.
* Prepare and present findings to stakeholders
When a problem is identified:
* Determine cause of problem.
* Discuss with stakeholders and develop written proposal to address issue.
* Perform system changes or follows up with IT Business Systems Group to resolve the problem as needed.
* Follow up on implementation and testing to ensure successful resolution of problem.
* Ensure resolution will prevent problem from recurring.
* Keep users up-to-date on status of problem and resolution.
* Ensure there are no negative impacts to enterprise-wide systems by Payroll-initiated modifications.
* Assess emergency payroll production situations based on statutory and regulatory compliance requirements; the impact to users; number of people impacted; and the level of impact.
* Prioritize and resolve statutory and regulatory compliance issues. Advise other departments affected by the change and coordinate with those departments until the change is implemented in production.
* Follow organizational and departmental procedures.Communicate with all appropriate stakeholders affected by an emergency
* Serve as Payroll Systems Administrator and Subject Matter Expert to support Payroll staff and troubleshoot problems they encounter.
Serve as a Payroll Systems Administrator for:
* Workday Payroll and Time
* MSK Time/API
* Windstar "International Tax Navigator"
* MSK Intranet Timekeeping System
Design and create new configuration for:
* MSK Time/API Healthcare
* Workday Payroll
* Workday Time
* Workday custom reports
* Bachelor's Degree and 4-7 years Advanced Payroll experience with both functional and technical knowledge
* In lieu of a bachelor's degree, four years of work experience supporting a complex Payroll/HR System can be accepted.
* Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) required
* Payroll systems: Workday
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.