Bank of Montreal (BMO)
We're on a mission:
BMO is building the next generation digital banking platform - from mobile apps to backend systems and APIs - and we need great people to help us achieve this mission! Make your mark by helping us reimagine how we interact with our customers and create the experiences that matter to them. We're building a team of talented and passionate people, working collaboratively to reimagine banking and financial technologies for the digital age.
Why now and why BMO?
We believe our customers' lives are changing - and we need to change with them. From day-to-day life to the moments that matter, our customers are increasingly defining success in different ways and we need to be there to help. This means meeting our customers where and how they expect to bank.
At BMO, we believe we must respond to our customers by becoming a customer experience-led, digitally-enabled bank. Driven by a deep understanding of our customers and willingness to constantly challenge the status quo, we believe we can meet the challenge before us. We also believe we have the best digital strategy in the industry and best corporate culture to deliver on our goals.
The team works in both Agile and Waterfall manner, in a vibrant space, and embraces the latest methods, tools, and technologies to drive development. We work in a cross-functional organization, empowered and having the resources and authority to develop customer-led products. We deliver enterprise client services to both internal applications and to external partners, built on a modern hybrid cloud platform using the latest micro-services architecture. We design, build and operate the services we own.
As a Fullstack Software Engineer you will:
* Report to the Senior Development Manager.
* Work within the team to drive full lifecycle software development from inception to delivery - through coding, code reviews, testing, deploying the software into production.
* Develop both new code and improve our existing code base in performance, capability, and reliability.
* Employ best practices in utilizing a broad platform of technologies, within a cloud based micro services environment.
* Help set the culture of the team on design, architecture, and the delivery of high-quality software products.
* Collaborate with the business and technology stakeholders to drive change throughout the organization, enhancing the customer experience.
What makes you a great fit? You have:
* Passion and customer-focus which are integral to your success as your technical skills and experience.
* Ability to think both creatively and pragmatically.
* Experience (6 years) in leading solutions for small to medium-sized projects covering review of tactical vs strategic plans, design framework and technical risk analysis consistent with Enterprise/industry standards.
* Great analytic and problem solving skills
* Strong communication skills
* Experience and familiarity with:
* Angular 5 and/or Ionic Framework
* Java EE/JEE
* Spring and/or Spring Boot Framework
* WAS Liberty, Tomcat and/or JBoss
* Object-oriented methodologies and design patterns.
* 12 Factor Application Patterns and Microservices Architecture
* IaaS/PaaS technologies and cloud computing platforms such as Docker containers or OpenShift
* Large-system integration patterns (e.g. ESB, SOAP/XML, JSON/RESTful Services, etc).
* Knowledge of Swagger API Developer Tools or OAS (Open API Specification)
* Understanding API Security Best Practices such as mutual SSL, Spring Security, SQL injection and other OWASP guidelines
* DevOps concepts (Continuous Integration/Delivery) and tools (Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Maven, Ansible, Artifactory)
* Full software development lifecycle experience, from development through production deployment.
BMO - 200 W Adams St, Chicago, IL, 60606
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
About Bank of Montreal (BMO)
Bank of Montreal is a financial services provider that offers retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.