Come join the Camera Team at Meraki! We pride ourselves on being a supportive, respectful, personal-growth oriented team who also happens to work on some interesting, industry-leading technologies. We're looking for a junior Full Stack Engineer to join our small but fast-growing group and to help provide important contributions to both our product and our team. We're hoping to find someone well-versed with the basics of web development, and is excited to jump in and help us build out our video management dashboard, as well as to rapidly learn and improve as a developer along the way. You'll get the chance to work with a group of very accomplished but humble and helpful engineers, with deep experience from established companies to startups, as well as those who started their careers here and have grown into equally accomplished and skilled developers.
The MV is an enterprise security camera launched 3 years ago, reinventing the traditional architecture of security cameras by using Meraki's existing IoT management cloud (already in use by millions of switches/routers/APs) to create a distributed cloud platform that is simple to manage and scale, while also simultaneously resilient to outages in internet uplink without losing video. The product has seen rapid growth in the market and we need to grow the team to match the pace. We know the core product proposition is solid; now we have work to do to craft a truly complete, feature-rich, fully polished product.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will work most with the dashboard that our users use to view, fetch, and understand video, as well as to manage their (up to) thousands of cameras. You will face unique and interesting applications of technology, like our Video Wall page which can play in-sync historical or live video indefinitely from up to 16 cameras, pulled directly and securely from the cameras via the local network. You will work on features that use the camera as a sensor, capable of detecting certain objects in a scene, providing customers with useful business or operational information. You will contribute to discussions on the future of the product. You understand that privacy is inherently valuable for everyone, and work to make sure our system is transparent in its operation and secure with its data.
* Collaborating directly with the UX and Product to design and implement an intuitive UI
* Image and video processing within the browser (fisheye -> panorama/dewarped) utilizing WebGL
* Enable customers to easily and safely deploy changes - even when they have hundreds or thousands of cameras across multiple geographic sites
* Local video exports (browser grabs and downloads video from camera on local LAN, no server involved)
* Scaling our proxy servers to identify bottlenecks and support ever more cameras
* Summary reports to provide basic analytics ("Which aisle is the most popular in my store?")
* Working closely with the firmware developers on our team to enable brand new features (like motion recap images)
* Make motion alerts more meaningful, useful, and faster
You are an ideal fit if:
* You'd be excited to join a people-focused team, and look forward to also giving back time in helping your teammates
* You've built rich web UIs with React (and Redux) or similar frameworks
* You know your way around web back-end technologies, like Ruby on Rails/Django/Express
* You've worked with SQL and relational databases
* You're excited to solve a variety of open-ended problems across the stack
* You're looking for a place invested in your growth as an engineer and person
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.