As a software engineer on the data platform team you will be responsible for building tools for the storage, retrieval, and visualization of data generated by the engineering teams at Rigetti. You will collaborate closely with process engineers, experimental physicists and software engineers and play a direct role in enabling the teams to organize their data, understand and analyze it, and find patterns that will drive improvements to the fabrication and control of the next generations of quantum processors.
Rigetti Computing is building the world's most powerful computers to help solve humanity's most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today's fastest supercomputers are incapable of- unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our 16-qubit quantum computer is available online through our Quantum Cloud Services platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
* Develop and deploy analytical software tools that will help engineers discover relationships and patterns
* Collaborate with our IT infrastructure team to build and maintain internal applications and systems
* Collaborate with our design and quantum measurement teams to solve technical problems
* Collaborate with our physics team to develop new interfaces for visualizing and analyzing the results of low-temperature measurements
* Collaborate with our manufacturing and physics teams to study the impact of process changes on device performance
* Building UIs for visualizing quantum chip layouts
* Help develop new tools for modeling the performance of future designs
* Experience with front-end web development in a framework like React, Angular, or Vue
* Experienced with API development in Flask, Django, Express or similar
* Experience working with RDBMS systems (such as PostgreSQL)
* Seasoned in software engineering practices such as version control, code review and continuous integration
* You enjoy working in a collaborative environment with interdisciplinary engineering teams that have similar but unique goals
* You have an interest in and understanding of database architecture, schema evolution and data integrity
* You are familiar with data visualization tools (d3, plotting libraries) and best practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world's first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.