As our Full-Stack Software Engineer based in Austin, TX, you will use your experience in back-end and front-end technologies to help us evolve our application software platform. You will work in an agile development environment, enhancing and extending our in-house software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform responsible for processing and managing hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue each and every day. You will be working closely with senior engineering leaders to design robust, scalable software that meets both the immediate and future needs of our constantly evolving business environment.
* Designing and implementing highly reliable components for our business-critical applications
* Working closely with engineering leadership and key stakeholders to build new features to address business-critical needs
* Translating high-level business needs into actionable engineering requirements
* Working closely with our QA team to ensure on-time release and product quality
* Participation in the full software development lifecycle process - "You build it, you run it."
* 3+ years' experience in a full-stack role, or in a front/ back-end role with "other side" interest
* Enjoy working within a small, fast-paced, Agile team in a TDD and CI/CD environment
* Experience consuming/creating JSON-based, RESTful APIs
* Exposure to Polyglot persistence: SQL/NoSQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
* Experience working in an Agile, test-driven development environment
* Solid exposure to building rich web UIs with React, Angular or similar SPA frameworks
* Experience building, tuning and supporting large scale, high-availability SaaS platforms
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
* Knowledge of Domain Driven Design and SOLID principles
* Experience developing using CQRS and Event Sourcing Architectures.
* Experience with message-based applications (Akka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, JMS)
* Previous work with Python, Flask, and Python-based data science tooling
* Exposure to AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
AWL (All Web Leads, Inc.) is one of the most successful customer acquisition marketing companies in the US. Simply put, we help our customers acquire customers. Today, we do this for the US insurance industry. Our amazing team of over 400 talented and successful professionals uses Internet marketing to turn consumer interest in insurance products into policy sales for the world's largest insurance carriers and more than 30,000 of their agents. We are Austin-born and our growth from a 2-person startup in 2005 to a highly profitable business has been remarkable. We are a tight-knit team with a fast paced, energetic, and entrepreneurial company culture that has been ranked Top 10 Best Places to Work in Austin for 2017 and 2018, as well as Austin's Fast 50 Awards. We provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, and a fabulous, fun, collaborative environment that allows our people to be their best.