There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
American Express is looking for a creative Java Full Stack Engineer to join our energetic team of high performers in this fast-paced Fortune 100 company that delivers world-class card member experiences. You will be challenged with identifying engineering ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
The capabilities within the GBS Colleague experience team encompass responsively designed web applications, service integrations, and agent-assisted mobile capabilities supporting colleague applications. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our Colleagues seamlessly across physical, digital and mobile, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and builds automation tools for testing * Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices * Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation * Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies * Performing hands-on software and strategy development, typically spending most of time actually writing code, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews, and testing in ongoing sprints * Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement * Developing deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms within the supported domains * Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets * Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges * Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team. * Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems * Finalizing HTML prototypes into Web Applications by integrating with back-end services and functionality * Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices and consistent framework usage. * Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you're interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won't just keep up, you'll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here's just some of what you'll be doing:
* Functional Programming Concepts * Strong problem solving skills * Agile practices * React or Angular programming (at least 1 year) * Java (at least 2 years) * Npm or Yarn and Maven or gradle build tool * Unit Testing tools (jUnit, Jest) * Database experience (Preferably any nosql mongo DB or couchbase) * CSS 3/ SASS experience * Git/stash * Mobile engineering experience is nice to have
Nice to have:
* Jboss or any application server * Node Server ( server side programming ) * Snapshot testing * Splunk based reporting * Dynatrace tool usage * Network tracing and debugging * Load Testing/ Testing automation ( basic ) * Browser developer tools * Mobile development (Basic) Either iOS or Angular
Are you up for the challenge?
* Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline * 4 years of software development experience * Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions * Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential * At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
* Agile Practices * Porting/Software Configuration * Programming Languages and Frameworks * Business Analysis * Analytical Thinking * Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
About American Express
American Express is a globally integrated payments company.