At AT&T, we push the boundaries of innovation, bringing the world together in unimaginable ways. As technology is further integrated into all aspects of our lives, protecting and securing our data is now more important than ever. Our Software Engineering teams are dedicated to building innovative and secure solutions to protect what's important to our customers and employees. From enabling better security to designing and implementing process automation, here's your chance to bring proactive solutions to our rapidly changing industry.
AT&T's Technology Development Team is looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer with 5-8 years of experience to be responsible for the overall delivery process of a software application or service, including design, development, testing, deployment, production application support (e.g., troubleshooting) and maintenance with a focus on automation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Collaborate to gather and review software requirements/user stories, provide estimates, create software design specifications and collaborate with engineers/architects to assess and test hardware and software interactions. Execute a specific development methodology through application of various programming languages. Create and execute automated test plans/strategies utilizing business requirements and collaborate with engineers/architects, clients, etc. to validate test environments, test data and test results, design and implement code fixes, validate outcomes against expected results and produce associated reporting. In addition to Unit Test, responsibilities may include interface testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing and/or user acceptance testing. Supports applications and solves configuration and environment issues. Supports the software deployment process.
Team player, excellent communication skills:
* Experience working in advanced iterative methodologies such as Agile and Safe
* Quick and independent learner, autodidactic
* Ability to see the big picture
* Continuous improvement mindset
* Comfortable working in complex and demanding environments with high degree of change
Strong software design capabilities, experience in OOP & OOD, design patterns
* Experience in DevOps
* Experience in microservice-based architecture
* Experience (and passion) in the following practices:
* Clean code
* Test-driven design
* Unit testing
* Feature Toggling
* Automation testing (component, integration and end2end)
* Full accountability for code quality
* Familiar with the most common Application Security Risks (OWSAP top 10 Vulnerabilities)
* Experience with security SCA tools (such as Fortify, Checkmarks, etc)
* Clean code which prevents security risks (injection, XSS, Sensitive data)
* Ability to view system perspective and to perform thorough investigations
* Experience in frequent delivery to production
Hands on experience with the following technical and functional stack components:
* Knowledge in microservices Architecture and Design Patterns
* Experience in Rest or Webservices
* Experience with event-driven architectures (e.g. Kafka) or distributed architecture
* Kubernetes & Docker
* Spring, Spring Boot
* CI/ CD Frameworks
* Experience with Java.
* Experience working with SQL and noSQL data stores and Hibernate or other ORM technologies.
* Prior Experience with cloud technologies.
* Prior Experience with ETL and catalog systems is a plus.
* Experience in UI Engineering frameworks and/or front-end technologies like Angular/REACT, CSS & React Native
* Experience with Node.js
Deployment and support:
* Experience in building and maintaining CI\CD pipeline in different environments
* Experience in cloud deployment and containers (familiarity with Dockers and K8S)
* Experience in supporting and troubleshooting issues in production environment (including defining relevant levels of monitoring and thresholds, issues root cause analysis and problem solving)
Job ID 1924739 Date posted 06/19/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.