Brookfield Properties has an immediate need for a Frontend Developer in Chicago.
Brookfield Properties is a retail real estate company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and owned by affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management. Our regional shopping centers are destinations for retail, lifestyle, dining, entertainment and so much more. Our extensive portfolio of properties spans the nation, encompassing over 150 locations across 42 states and representing over 146 million square feet of retail space. All of our properties are strategically located in regional and coastal areas that constitute the "heart" of America.
Our passionate team is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving and innovating to meet the needs of our communities. Our company culture celebrates collaboration, encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and values diversity. We are very proud to have a team of premier talent who are in it to win it. We invite you to be part of our success story.
The Frontend Web Developer will be part of a growing team that designs, implements and enhances Brookfield Properties Retail's digital platforms. Our team handles the web and mobile platforms that power our external facing websites, internal single page applications (SPAs), and innovative consumer-facing applications. The Frontend Web Developer must be an experienced hands-on developer who has a keen interest in keeping current of technology developments. The role includes hands-on development as well as software testing, following software development lifecycle best practices and IT standards. This includes following design and development technical specifications to ensure quality, consistency, maintainability, scalability and security. The position will work closely with Brookfield Properties Retail's business partners to deliver quality products in a timely manner.
* Develop software for digital consumer experiences based on the Angular framework that will be user friendly and performant
* Work closely with business team members and other developers to develop templates and components for our CMS (Adobe Experience Manager) that enable our content authoring teams
* Partner with UX and backend developers to deliver high performance web experiences
* Collaborate with a technical team of differing specialized skillsets including mobile development, enterprise architecture, and data architecture
* Implement development lifecycle methodologies, processes, documentation and technologies in support of the 24x7 operations of the digital platforms
* Participate in Agile sprint planning, demos, and handoff activities
* Translate business requirements into a technical design, code and test to ensure maximum effectiveness and utilization of system capabilities in production
* Participate in QA testing activities, review of results, and issue remediation
* Identify, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues involving application bugs, exceptions and failures using various debug methods.
* Evaluate emerging technology for applicability to business and technical solutions, develops business cases for projects to evaluate, and implement proof of concepts to validate expected benefit
* Translate technology into business language for communication with nontechnical stakeholders and working in a collaborative environment
* Consistently demonstrate and promote company core values at all times
* 5+ Years in professional software development
* 2+ Years Angular (or similar framework) development experience
* Experience with HTML5, CSS3
* Experience developing with a CMS, experience with AEM/CQ a plus
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Methodical, thoughtful approach to problem solving
* High energy, self-motivated and independent
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field preferred.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.