We are seeking a high-energy, self-starting front end web developer to build and maintain our next generation of core products. The candidate should be well-versed with the latest trends in web-based user interfaces, as well as the tooling/development required to transform the concepts and ideas to functional software. You must possess a strong technical knowledge of systems analysis and programing and will assume responsibility for assigned projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to implementation, testing, reporting, documentation, deployment and debug operations. Possession of creative/artistic abilities to arrive at compelling user experiences is a huge plus.
* Design, develop and support web front-ends for trading and risk management applications.
* Work with business analysts to understand and refine requirements.
* Analyze & integrate new web products and technologies.
* Work with the QA/DevOps team to ensure a quality product and timely delivery.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
* Undergraduate degree or higher in Computer Science.
* 5+ years of industry experience as a Web application developer.
* Familiarity with Mobile first/Responsive Web Design/Information Architecture/Flexible Grid/Typography concepts.
* Strong grounding in UI design patterns and practices (e.g., MVC, MVP, PM, MVVM, Flux, Redux, Elm, MVI, SAM)
* Strong in HTML5, CSS3, JQuery (AJAX), comfortable using npm ecosystem.
* Deep experience with at least one of Angular OR React with Redux OR Vue frameworks.
* Experience with UI component frameworks like Bootstrap 4/Bokeh/D3.js/Material.io
* 3+ years of Node.js experience.
* Experience using or authoring REST services.
* Design collaboration and prototyping tools (e.g., InVision, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc).
* Passion and sensibility for industry disrupting, best-in-class user experiences. Eye for detail, backed by diligence and patience to get things 'right'.
* Self-motivated with ability to function and deliver both independently and under direction.
* Experience learning and implementing third-party APIs and SDKs. For example, OAuth.
* Functional knowledge of software version management/CI/CD. (e.g, Git/SVN, Ant/Maven, Jenkins/Hudson/Teamcity).
* Interest in Finance and Capital Markets.
Nice to have:
* Experience with Next.js.
* Experience with C#/ASP.Net.
* Familiarity with Python 2.x or 3.x
* Exposure to working with cloud technologies.
* Familiarity with at least one data visualization framework (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Qlik, Power BI).
* Authorship of mobile application either for iOS or Android platform.
* Experience with SAFe/Agile methodology.
* Experience with TDD/Web UI Testing frameworks (e.g., Enzyme/Mocha/Chai/Jasmine/Karma).
* Experience with relevant static code analysis/linting tools (e.g., ESLint).
* Experience with UI automation frameworks (e.g., Grunt/Gulp/npx).
* Author of (or significant contributor to) a popular open source project.
* Online presence in the form of GitHub account or at least a StackOverflow account with significant reputation score.
* Portfolio of past projects, especially if they pertain to capital markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.