MetroStar Systems is looking for a Front-End Developer that can create complex enterprise-level web applications that are responsive to join our Civilian Team. You will work with an integrated team to translate interface designs and process flows into standards-based and accessible code. If you want to join a company that values making a difference and are open to commuting to Suitland, MD, we want you to work for MetroStar Systems!
You're a great fit if…
* You have advanced understanding of frameworks like Angular, Sass tools like Bourbon, and pattern libraries
* You understand the importance of test driven development and unit testing
* You enjoy hand coding standards-based, accessible code (that is 508 compliant, W3C accessible)
* Have experience working with an integrated cross-functional team of user experience designers and developers
You'll love our position if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
* A bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
* 1+ years of experience developing modern web-based applications using;
* Web markup including HTML5 and CSS3
* Client-side scripting experience such as jQuery
* You know front-end frameworks such as Bourbon, Bootstrap, or Angular and back-end knowledge of SQL code/development.
* You have knowledge of Object Oriented design principles and design patterns
* You have expertise integrating pattern libraries
* You have expertise using GIT, Sublime Text, Jira
* You are detailed-oriented and have problem-solving skills
We'll REALLY love you if….
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
* You have experience with ag-Grid
* You are passionate about UI technology trends as they relate to digital platforms (Material Design, iOS, Responsive web)
* You have experience creating interfaces for integration with Drupal CMS
* You have worked as part of an Agile cross-functional team
What your day will look like:
* You'll collaborate with clients, users, and teams to develop the front-end user interface and integrate into the pattern library
* You help the team decompose user stories into tasks
* You'll test, merge, and commit code for the team
The Admin Stuff:
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required
The Legal Stuff:
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.