Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Exempt
We are looking for a bright and passionate Front End Software Engineer to be a founding member of AvalonBay's new Digital Squad. Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Are you a champion for the best customer experience? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you're a resounding yes, we want to talk to you.
ABOUT AVALONBAY DIGITAL SQUAD
At AvalonBay, we've embarked on a digital initiative to enhance the way we serve our customers. We're transforming the way customers experience AvalonBay with an approach rooted in design thinking and enabled by agile methodology. The cross-functional team, based out of our corporate headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, will be empowered to act and iterate to get value to customers as frequently as possible. We will leverage exciting technologies, such as AI and a modern cloud-based technology, transforming an enterprise environment from within. Ultimately, we're championing our organization's core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring and a Focus on Continuous Improvement. And we're looking for leaders to join our team!
As a Front End Software Engineer on the Digital Squad, you'll be responsible for developing and updating new customer-facing features. The Front End Engineer will understand the needs of various stakeholders and translate them into clean, scalable, easy-to-maintain code. This team member will be advocating for the implementation & utilization of best practices, and by approaching complex and/or difficult situations with a positive, solutions-driven mindset.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Build web applications using the latest web technologies, specifically React and Redux
* Maintain a focus on continuous integration and continuous deployment
* Work within a small team, collaborating with your colleagues to conceptualize, build and ship impactful features
* Approach development from the perspective of the end-user and consistently look to identify areas where the customer experience can be improved
* Mentor, educate and support those around you, as well as other web developers within the company
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 5 years of experience with Front-end Development
* At least 2 years of experience with React.js, HTML, CSS and Web APIs
* 5 years of experience with React.js, HTML, CSS, Web APIs and other core Web technology concepts
* Experience and passion for building complex, performant, responsive, accessible and beautiful web experiences that are well-tested, documented and monitored
* Experience mentoring junior developers
* UX design experience
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we're committed to showing our appreciation.
* Comprehensive benefits - health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
* Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
* Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization - including destination awards, 'AvalonBay's Very Best' recognition program and others!).
* A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
* A culture built on purpose and our core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
Job ID 22556