Are you looking for an opportunity where you will affect the creativity and innovation of an entire organization? Do you want to work in an environment that has been ranked as one of Computerworld's 2018 Best Places to Work in IT?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Developer for the Innovation and Collaboration Program to perform front-end SharePoint development, mainly on the internal APL websites. These sites are used to share important information and knowledge, to recognize the achievements of our staff, to encourage innovation and experimentation, and provide a positive experience for all of our staff members.
As a Front End SharePoint Developer you will..
Build Web Content Management solutions using the latest features of the SharePoint platform in the development process
Design and develop web parts, forms, MS Office integration applications, workflows, page layouts;
Perform site-branding modifications using custom master page and page layout;
Expand the current Design System by documenting components and their utilization for an audience of content managers;
Work with Service Manager to capture functional and technical requirements from partners and technical users.
You meet our minimum qualifications for this job if you...
Possess a 4-year degree or in lieu of a degree, combination of college course work and at least 4 years of professional level SharePoint development/ administration experience; and 1-2 years of experience customizing out-of-the-box SharePoint features and functionality including the following:
* Development of custom workflows, web parts, content types, event handlers, and timer job definition
* Implementation of SharePoint branding including creating custom master pages and page layouts
* Knowledge of SharePoint Designer and SharePoint Designer workflows
* Experience using Modern HTML and Modern CSS to create custom pages in SharePoint
* Knowledge of HTML display templates for use with the Content Search Web Part
* Experience using SharePoint Content Types and Content Hub
* Ability to work closely with UI/UX designers to implement new designs
* Ability to provide documentation of software for technical reviewers
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
* Possess superb communication skills,
* Have experience performing CRUD operations using the SharePoint REST API,
* Have experience using HTML Templating Libraries (example: Handlebars.js),
* Have knowledge of CSS Flexbox and modern layout techniques,
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.