Job TitleFront-End Mobile App Developer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
An opportunity to shape and develop the future of oral healthcare by creating consumer and dental professional application that deliver new solutions and services that will impact the growth of Oral Healthcare Connected Solutions Platform. Philips Oral Healthcare has formed strategic Connected Solutions Venture Team that act as a start-up within a large organization. As a Front-End Mobile Application Developer, you will translate the powerful insights and business requirements into Applications delivering different products and services that delight consumers to live up to Philips' brand promise of "Innovation & You". This position will focus on rapid prototyping of App Solutions development, creating new features and helping understand how we can improve our existing apps on the market by using consumer feedback acquired online and through real live consumer & professional research.
You will also have a unique opportunity to shape new proposition and help the team to validate features, usability (UI)and overall experience (UX) by creating Apps for early prototyping in our front-end-innovation and design thinking process before they are transferred to the execution development engineering teams.
You are responsible for:
* Prototyping of desired app features based on marketing/business requirements for concept creation, feature validation and usability testing though our design thinking front-end-development
* Developing iterative prototyping based on consumer research feedback, usability studies, design and business requirements
* Support the research team to conduct iterative A/B testing, features and concept validation and usability studies through quick mobile app development and prototyping
* Estimating development efforts and developing architectural scenarios together with system architects (who are responsible for production development and final release)
* Working with engineering development teams to translate your prototypes into full production environment
* Document, manage, and help to define/obtain/refine requirements, design docs, design reviews
* Architecting, designing, documenting, and implementing high quality software for mobile apps on multiple connected platforms across multiple product ranges and on different operating systems (including 3rd party systems)
* Collaborating with 3rd parties to integrate their APIs and use SDKs for ecosystem creation
* Working with firmware group to ensure compatibility between handheld IOT devices and mobile app
You are a part of
A cross-functional Solutions Venture Team of dedicated people in Engineering, Product Researcher, Design, Business Development, Data Science, Sales and Operations. Together with the cross-functional team you will be responsible to developing Mobile Applications that guide products from conception to launch and post launch analyses phase. You mainly focus on early prototyping and front-end- innovation to help among the others definition of Minimal Viable Products (MVP), validating key features, helping UX/UI usability testing, developing A/B testing prototypes that will bridge the technical and business worlds as you design Oral Healthcare solutions that will delight our consumers, dentists and business partners.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
* BS in computer Science, EE or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of experience building commercial consumer-facing mobile apps with iOS and/or Android
* 5+ years of experience building mobile apps that work with connected devices
* 5+ years of experience building mobile apps that interface with cloud backend
* 5+ years of In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java, C#
* Experienced with third-party libraries and integrations as well as APIs and SDKs
* Experienced building commercial consumer-facing mobile apps that work with connected devices
* Experience building mobile apps that interface with cloud backend and 3rd party eco-systems
* Must be comfortable and energized by high pace start-up environment within large orgnaization
* Must be able to perform programming tasks in dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment with short timelines, frequent changes and MVP approach to prototyping
* Ability to adopt prototyping to sudden changes based on iterative consumer feedback
* Ability to translate business, UX/UI and Design requirements to App prototypes for A/B testing
* Working with firmware group to ensure compatibility between handheld devices and mobile app
* Highly experienced in Agile/SCRUM/SAFe practices in context of App development
* Proven ability to actively participate in user stories creation, requirements grooming and development efforts estimates that can be translated into App prototypes
In return, we offer you
Philips Oral Healthcare is also committed to helping each employee reach his or her own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments, etc., offered to employees, you design your own career path.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg .Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223 option 5, for assistance.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits not provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)