Øptimus Consulting, a data science and software company, is seeking a Front-End Developer who can combine the arts of design and programming. Responsibilities will include translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the project leads to bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
* Develop new user-facing features
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use
* Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
* Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
* Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
* Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
* Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
* Good understanding of VueJS (or similar)
* Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX
* Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
* Good understanding of D3.js visualization framework.
* Good understanding of backend MVC frameworks - Python/Django (or similar, in terms of view creation and integration)
Øptimus offers competitive pay commensurate with experience. Our benefits include health insurance, dental and vision insurance, transportation reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement, and a bonus pool.
Øptimus Consulting is a family of statisticians, graphic designers, data scientists, programmers, social media marketing analysts, and recovering politicos. Since its founding in 2013, 0ptimus has been at the forefront of developing innovative data and analytics software platforms. 0ptimus has designed and delivered data-driven strategies for leading political campaigns, Fortune 500 companies, and non-profits around the globe.
We handle a wide variety of projects and use many different technologies and programs to meet our clients' needs, so our culture here is one of constant learning and curiosity, while doing things the right way. We boast a two-floor office near the yellow and blue Metro lines, no cubicles, a nacho cheese machine, and kegerator. If you live by the "work hard, play hard" philosophy, then you'll be a great fit with the Øptimus team.