Your work will fall into three primary categories:
Strategy Development and Implementation
* Senior member of project teams leading design and development activities, standards, risk mitigation and issue resolution.
* Senior member of team that interacts with business teams and other stakeholders to define reporting solutions to meet diverse, complex business needs.
* Recommends changes to policies and established procedures that affect immediate organization's success
Team Management and Leadership
* Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the division
* Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively with technology and business stakeholders
* Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team environment
* Provide proactive production support for BI/Analytics applications. This includes monitoring usage patterns and recommending improvements.
Operations and Technology
* Recommends changes to policies and established procedures that affect immediate organization's success.
* Manages and tracks action items, issues, and risks associated with a suite of applications.
* Follow up on items with appropriate parties to ensure their resolution and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
* Partners with Architecture Services to develop Reference Architectures, Patterns and Roadmaps for BI/Analytics. Establish and maintain design and development best practices.
* Defines and develops strategy for the roll out of new features.
* Typically has minimum 5 years of related experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired
* 5+ years hands on BI/Analytics development experience preferably MicroStrategy including any SDK/API based development
* 2+ years of experience in developing complex reports/documents using BI tools
* 5+ years' experience leading complex data applications that have large volumes of data, have stringent non-functional requirements like near-real time latency, fast reporting response times
Keys to Success
* Sense of urgency to delivery and able to apply risk based approach to prioritize work
* Strong work ethic, self-motivated, independent, and works with minimal direction
* Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies
* Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives
* Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively and credibly
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
* Drive for Execution: Should be able to pick up the requirements and deliver the product that adheres to business needs in a timely fashion.
* Customer Focus (Internal and External):Senior member of team that interacts with business teams and other stakeholders to define reporting solutions to meet diverse, complex business needs
* Seek and Embrace Change: Be open to and initiate operating and organizational change (even if uncomfortable)
* Experience as a BI consultant
* Understanding of the secondary mortgage industry.
* Experience with Agile development
* Experience with database technologies like RDBMS, NoSQL, Hadoop (HIVE)
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.