FreeSWITCH - VOIP Engineer
Star2Star Communications offers the only global Full Spectrum Communications Solution. Our constellation framework offers cloud communications that include unparalleled value,
reliability, quality, and scalability. They unify business communications including voice, video, fax, mobile, chat, and presence management and enhance communications with solutions such as Voice Optimized SD-WAN, SD-WAN, and LTE failover. Star2Star Communications is looking for a dedicated, and highly motivated technology professional to join our
Star2Star utilizes many technologies to provide VoIP service to its customers. In addition to having an in-depth SIP background, other skill sets such as programming and database experience are required. As new products are developed and released, the skill-set to troubleshoot them will grow or vary. The candidate must show a desire to learn and stay current, as emerging technologies are continually being implemented at Star2Star.
This is a remote location we are open to the following locations: Tampa, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Washington DC, Miami, Orlando, Cleveland, or Columbus. Must be willing to travel to Sarasota for training and monthly meetings.
* In conjunction with senior staff, you will work to create, implement, troubleshoot and automate new products and services.
* Work with a team to jointly become SME on a subset of products
* Troubleshoot issues that have been escalated from other departments. Upon completion, work to prevent the issue from recurring and implement detection of the event.
* Participate in an on-call rotation and conduct maintenance during the after-hours maintenance window.
* Minimum 5 years experience with SIP/RTP and other real-time communication protocols such as WebRTC
* Must have 3+ years of experience in FreeSWITCH
* Ability to work in a remote-work team
* Develops Tools (git, ansible, jenkins)
* Linux deployment, operation and monitoring
* Programming experience with Perl, PHP or Python
* Relational Databases (MySQL, Postgres)
* Troubleshooting tools such as wireshark and tcpdump.
* Desirable knowledge: Experience with cloud services like AWS is a plus
* DevOps technologies include Docker and Kubernetes
What We Offer:
* Extensive Benefit Options (Health, Vision, Dental, Long & Short term Disability) effective after a short waiting period
* Flexible PTO plan & Company Holidays
* Subsidized on-site healthy food choices
* Culture Perks: Multiple Special Interest Groups, Activities Team, New Mom & Quiet Rooms, and Team Building Events
* Entrepreneurial work environment partnered with high growth career opportunities
Star2Star Communications is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. No agencies, Please.