This position is responsible for overseeing and managing projects that will typically be cross functional in nature and will require development of a clearly defined scope with a timeline, associated resources, and at times a budget. These projects will be of varied size and impact, and this position will at times execute the project on their own dependent upon the specific needs and requirements. Projects will typically require software knowledge and changes, testing, documentation, planning for support and cutover to production along with training and communication as needed. In this role, the Project Manager Lead will develop project plans and oversee the work of assigned teams/resources in order to achieve the deliverables outlined. To do this, the Project Manager will develop project plans collaboratively with teams and then manage the work to achieve the desired outcome. Projects may involve the rollout and implementation of various computer systems and platforms or may be software configuration changes with impact to users or a process that impacts users. Projects may include system changes, new modules, upgrades, installs, and user security, training and support. Additionally, responsible for managing risk and assessing quality across multiple projects with peers and Sr. Director to ensure overall program success. May be responsible for managing various adjunct meetings or committees that support various systems.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
1. Oversees the Project work:
1.1 Provides leadership in project management and methodologies.
1.2 Maintains work plan for pertinent projects.
1.3 Maintains the project goals, objectives, scope, risk identification and mitigation. Manages the delivery and communication status.
1.4 Tracks progress, open issues, resolved issues and items for future discussion. Keeps RAID documents as needed.
1.5 Provides consistent communication about project progress.
1.6 Integrates plans, approaches, and deliverables with other sub projects.
1.7 Makes recommendations about staffing needs and team composition.
1.8 Works closely with the Sr. Director and / or Technical team lead or other peers and stakeholders as appropriate to ensure effective implementation and post implementation support resources and processes are in place and documented.
1.9 Assigns tasks and oversees project members to ensure timely completion of tasks and deliverables.
1.10 Provides mentoring to individual team members as needed.
1.11 Creates an environment that encourages productive team interactions and camaraderie.
1.12 Maintains good vendor relationships and fosters and environment to encourage excellence.
2. Responsible for managing risk and assessing quality to ensure success:
2.1 Perform risk analysis with mitigation strategies, and status of key deliverables.
2.2 Highlights concerns that may impact timeline or budget before the impact is encountered.
2.3 Raises deliverable quality concerns or questions to appropriate level; ensures appropriate content/structure is contained within the deliverable. Assists with the development, implementation, and sustains the effectiveness of the Project quality and process improvement guidelines.
2.4 Manages risk through reaffirming project expectations, managing scope, managing relationships, managing consultants and taking early action to solve problems.
2.5 Develops, implements, and demonstrates evidence of achieving highest level of client (BMC Departments) satisfaction.
2.6 Captures and shares best practices with project members.
2.7 Promotes an environment that encourages effective knowledge contribution and reuse.
3. Project Deliverables
3.1 Utilizes tools (intranet, internet, Microsoft Office applications, Visio, Outlook, and etc.,) in an effective and appropriate manner to meet the needs of the current project.
3.2 Ensures team members document and submit deliverables to appropriate knowledge bases.
3.3 Promotes project team efforts and shares sense of purpose so that work is synchronized and concurrent, knowledge is shared, and seamless services are provided.
4. Maximizes use of training resources to accelerate or advance one's own productivity and identifies additional opportunity for improvement.
5. Develops competencies as related to position.
6. Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Management, or a related field. Master's Degree a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Project Management Certification (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is preferred.
* At least 5 years of work experience of strong human relations skills to interface with customers and staff at all levels. * At least 5 years of planning and implementation experience and management in healthcare, technology, financial systems, or clinical systems. * Experience with administrative and financial applications and/or large scale information systems. * Experience with Lawson ERP preferred. * Demonstrated ability to successfully complete software projects. * Experience managing implementations in a dynamic and highly integrated organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Solid working knowledge, skills, and understanding of project and program management techniques and technologies. * Strong written and oral communication skills. * Strong analytic ability and detail oriented. * Database and operating systems experience with, such as MS Access, Lawson, Oracle, Crystal reports, SQL. * Competent and proficient understanding of IT Platforms. * Solid working knowledge of current Interface Technologies. * Technical competence in various software programs and strong computer skills are essential. Proficiency in one or more of the following products may be required: PowerPoint/Excel/Word/Access, Outlook, Visio. * Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential. * Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage complex system projects. * Ability to perform budget planning, project planning and resource management for projects. * Ability to prioritize work with an appreciation and understanding of organizational drivers, mission, critical objectives and budgetary expectations.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.