Copley Controls, part of Analogic Corporation, is a leader in servo and stepper drive technology and provides solutions to a wide range of industries including semiconductor, life sciences, packaging, and COTS military. We currently have an opening for a real-time embedded firmware engineer. The successful candidate will be part of a small engineering team developing firmware, software and hardware to test servo and stepper drives. This position involves working closely with cross-functional teams, including hardware, software, mechanical, and applications engineers.
* Develop firmware, software, and hardware to test embedded systems.
* Develop FPGA modules using Verilog to simulate feedback devices, motors, and I/O.
* Write Python scripts to run FPGA modules and generate detailed test reports.
* Design circuit boards to interface to new products.
* Write and execute automated tests for new products and firmware releases.
* Work with developers and domain experts to design and improve verification tests.
Required Skills & Experience
* S. in Computer or Electrical Engineering and 2 years' experience in real-time, embedded firmware development under Linux.
* Experience with Verilog or VHDL.
* Excellent C/C++ and Python skills including a firm understanding of object-oriented design.
* Experience working hands on with circuits, microcontrollers/embedded systems, FPGA, etc.
* Proven skills diagnosing and solving hardware and firmware problems.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information both inside and outside the company.
* Have proven ability to self-manage and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
* Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks.
* Prior experience testing embedded systems.
* Basic circuit board design.
* Experience with motion control systems.
* Familiarity with EtherCAT, CANopen, or MACRO networks.
Analogic designs, manufactures, and sells medical imaging systems, ultrasound and security systems, and subsystems.