What you'll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Finance organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We're finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading Finance practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any Finance professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
This role will support the Finance Transformation Office. Our Project Managers will interact with Finance personnel across all lines of business on a regular basis. You will also forge relationships with members of our Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing, Operations and Real Estate teams.
* Assessing Finance work that is being performed outside of the Finance organization.
* Aligning Finance work to the appropriate team and location within Finance.
* Based upon assessment of work, partnering with HR to recommend an organization design that will support the in-scope functions, while adhering to span and layer considerations.
* Partnering with HR to oversee the Recruiting/Interview processes to ensure consistency throughout the hiring process by various leaders within Finance.
* Determining potential opportunities for organizational efficiencies through the assessment of DTPs and current processes.
* Identifying opportunities for existing processes to benefit from Digital Finance initiatives.
* Translating potential opportunities into initiatives to embed into one of the Finance programs, engaging relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
* Building and maintaining strong relationships with leaders within Finance and across the business to facilitate cooperation and support for key initiatives.
* Creating detailed project plans and communicating business updates.
* Identifying resource requirements and pulling in the right people.
* Developing, reviewing, and continuously improving processes.
* Monitoring project progress, anticipating and reducing risk.
* Presenting and communicating to all levels of the business.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Project management experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or Project Management.
* Experience managing large-scale complex projects.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong understanding of financial systems, accounting systems and principles.
* Demonstrated project management skills. Ideally, for large visible technical implementations.
* PMP certification.
* CIA, CPA, or FP&A certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.