Squarespace is looking for an experienced data engineering team lead for our Finance Products team. As the lead of Finance Products, you'll partner closely with our Finance teams (Accounting, Taxation, and Analysts). The Finance Products team helps us understand and report on revenue, subscriber trends, and other key performance indicators for the business. The data sets, reports, and tools that you build will be involved in crucial, company-level decisions for years to come. You'll work on a team where constant learning and team-wide knowledge sharing is a core part of our culture.
* Build and maintain financial data processing services for our finance team including our revenue recognition system, financial data warehouse, and reporting solutions
* Design, implement and support a self-service business intelligence solution
* Write, test, and review primarily microbatch or streaming ETL
* Support continuous improvement of our system, tests, and data quality indicators
* Guide our technical decisions
* Keep yourself informed and up-to-date with technologies
* Encourage the technical growth of your teammates
* Lead other engineers and collaborate to provide strong customer-focused experiences
* Have regular 1-1 with team members
* Take an active role in mentoring team members
* You love working directly with the people whose problems you're solving
* You have experience building software for accounting or corporate finance
* You are experienced with data: modeling, storage, security, and retrieval
* You're motivated and inspired. You naturally lead a project and ask for help when needed
* You enjoy working with dynamic programming languages, relational databases, and distributed systems. Our platform is ever-evolving, but currently is a combination of Postgres, Kafka, Airflow, Spark, Kubernetes, Presto and Python
* You gain a deep understanding of the products and tools you work with
* You check your work and stand behind what you've built
* Experience leading a team of 3+ engineers
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
* Health insurance with 100% premium covered
* Flexible vacation & paid time off
* Equity plan
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Free lunch and snacks
* Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace is a SaaS-based Content Management System offering a website builder, blogging platform and hosting service.