The IT Field Service Technician is IT's primary customer support interface with end-users. The Field Tech provides PC, network, server and telephone support to end-users at regional office and job site locations in person and by manning the help desk hotline. This position will work closely with Tutor Perini's Field Service management to support a wide-variety of hardware and software platforms, including: desktops, laptops, mobile devices (iPhones, Droids, iPads) servers, printers, peripherals, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Active Directory, Desktop Authority, Bluebeam and MS Office 2010, 2013 and 2016. Deployed technologies include thin client computing with Remote Desktop Services and Citrix Xen Desktop. The Field Service Technician may also be called on to support task/projects outside of their respective local area, for instance temporary support at another business unit and new job site office setup. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication, problem solving and customer service skills.
* Respond to end-user help tickets, calls and emails, quickly diagnose problems and coach end-users through a wide variety of software and hardware related resolutions.
* Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a genuine desire to help end-users, plus work well with others in a team oriented environment.
* Install network equipment, desktops and phone systems at remote job sites and permanent offices.
* Image new PC's and update images on currently deployed PC's utilizing the SmartDeploy platform.
* Respond quickly to quarantine and remediate PC and network virus/malware infections.
* Perform after hour's server updates and maintenance.
* Document and escalate incidents to Infrastructure group when necessary.
* Order and provision new IT equipment and desktop software.
* Inventory new equipment and software and perform periodic audits of deployed assets.
* Coordinate installation or removal of IT related equipment.
* Prepare and publish self-help documentation for common "how to" problems.
* Remotely install or remove end-user software.
* Manage availability, performance and scalability of client facing applications connected to the data center.
* Proactively monitor and perform troubleshooting to diagnose and isolate network problems and minimize downtime.
* Proven mastery of Windows operating systems, including Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
* Strong working knowledge of Active Directory - ability to create/modify/disable accounts. Familiarity with drive mappings/desktop authority application is recommended.
* Ability to install, upgrade and troubleshoot computers, monitors, printers, and multi-function devices (copiers).
* Proven ability to assist network operations to mount, patch and perform guided operations for network switches, firewall and Wireless devices for new office locations. Familiarity with the configuration of Cisco switches, firewalls and routers is a plus.
* Ability to troubleshoot network connection issues - both wired and wireless.
* Understand and troubleshoot standard Microsoft software applications.
* Ability to set up smart phones and tablet computers (iPads) for corporate access and basic troubleshooting support.
* Ability to troubleshoot and clean virus or spyware infected systems.
* Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Excellent customer service skills and a genuine desire to help end-users, plus work well with others in a team oriented environment.
* Must be self-motivated and have ability to work independently.
* Desire to learn new technologies.
* 2-5 years of experience supporting end users locally/regionally in conjunction with remote access tools
* MS Office 2010, 2013, 2016 including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Microsoft Outlook/Exchange
* Citrix Xen Desktop
* Terminal Services - Thin Client
* Microsoft Active Directory and Windows domain networks
* Desktop Authority
* Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls and VOIP
* Wi-Fi / VPN / Mobile Access
* Bomgar Remote Support
* Sophos Virus protection
* Through understanding of TCPIP and relevance of connectivity
* Windows Remote Desktop services
* Microsoft Certified Professional and A+ certification preferred.
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) credentials is a plus.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates' degree and / or work towards a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field is highly desired. Bachelor's degree is preferred.