Job ID: 150207
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America's building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle APG is the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 195 operating locations and 6,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle APG is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
Who We Are
The Oldcastle APG Field Support Engineering team provides IT support to the sites that make all our beautiful hardscape and paver products, composite decking and packaged mulch, garden soil and more. We are always looking for ways to improve our sites' IT experience and operations so they can continue to make us the finest building materials company in North America. We don't wear shiny shoes or neckties, and we're not afraid to roll up our sleeves and tackle an IT problem hands-on. We believe in straight talk, doing what we say, and leading with integrity.
Who You Are
You get a rush of pride from making businesses better. You have great listening skills, always put the customer first, and love to problem solve. You relish being the go-to person the site can rely on for their IT needs. You are self-motivated, organized, and able to effectively schedule and prioritize your work and commitments. You take pride in the work you do and those small - but important details that make the difference between mediocre and masterful.
* Provide remote and onsite IT support to field locations for network, servers, voice and data communications, wireless, production systems, phone system hardware, printers, and user-related hardware.
* Lead the identification, triage, troubleshooting, and resolution for incidents affecting business processes.
* Understand field location's current and future IT needs and provide consultation to business leaders and end users.
* Evaluate and recommend purchase of equipment, supplies, services and support to meet operational requirements of the business.
* Liaison between field locations and IT department to channel field requests and communicate field IT needs.
* Create and maintain up-to date documentation for network and systems operations.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required. CCNA certification a plus.
* Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Network Administrator, Systems Analyst, Systems Engineer, or similar IT role.
* Experience with supporting IT in a manufacturing environment and/or production systems preferred.
* Hands-on installation and troubleshooting experience:
* Routers, switches, access points, firewalls, wireless bridges, servers, printers, VOIP phones, production line computer systems, desktops and laptops
* Ability to apply configurations, upgrade IOS, and troubleshoot issues in Cisco command line interface
* Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016
* Microsoft Office/O365, Active Directory, Microsoft System Center DPM & SCCM, McAfee, Cisco AnyConnect, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Ubiquiti, Solarwinds Network Monitoring and Traffic Analyzer
* Position requires travel of 75% or greater, includes local and overnight travel. After-hours on-call remote availability and able to travel on short notice and after hours/weekends as needed. Driver's license in good standing.
* Highly self-motivated and directed, with excellent time-management and organization skills
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate IT needs in words users can understand.
* Ability to frequently lift heavy objects, climb ladders, work in tight spaces, and install hardware such as network racks, computers, printers, access points, and cabling. Manufacturing environments can be dirty.
What CRH Americas Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Architectural, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.