Federated Wireless is leading the wireless, cable, and enterprise Wi-Fi industries through the shared spectrum revolution, unlocking a spectrum of possibilities by eliminating the decades-old problem of spectrum scarcity. The Company offers the industry's first spectrum controller, a cloud-native enablement platform with automation and a vast pre-integrated OEM partner program. The Spectrum Controller platform enables Enterprises and Service Providers to securely access large quantities of 4G and 5G spectrum. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Federated Wireless is removing the multibillion-dollar price tag associated with spectrum access, driving the creation of new private wireless network implementations.
Federated Wireless' Spectrum Controller, which delivers software-defined spectrum through a cloud-native Spectrum Access System (SAS), protects Federal incumbents with a redundant network of Environmental Sensing Capability (ESC) sensors, and provides a robust set of lifecycle management tools with real-time visibility for optimizing and monetizing Citizens Broadband Radio Services (CBRS).
The Role: The API Test Engineer will work on deployment, operations and support of our Shared Spectrum Access system, a cloud based platform that enables low cost and high performance wireless networks for a variety of use case and applications. This person will work with our Development teams, Partners and customers to ensure successful platform integration, field trials, and operationalization of our solution.
* Complete ownership for successful introduction of new features and capabilities into the production and partner environments
* Technical Customer Support for Production services
* Monitor and report on service quality and SLAs
* Plan, create, and execute test plans specific to feature functionality during standard SDLC
* Co-ordinate Interoperability testing to meet quality, capability, and efficiency goals
* Submit and track customer/partner issues and requirements for subsequent triage and debugging
* Contribute to the growth of the test system capability as new features and capabilities are introduced.
* Enhance monitoring and automation frameworks, using Open Source tools
* Build relationships with both customers and partners to ensure effective communication, early availability of interfaces to the members, provide implementation support, and ensure roadmap transparency for Federated Wireless Products
* BS or MS STEM related education, with 1-2 years of experience on software based platforms preferable in a cloud environment
* Hands-on experience in troubleshooting field issues and tracking them to resolution
* Background in providing Technical Support to customers or partners
* Ability to contribute to functional and acceptance testing, as well as service deployment
* Experience with Agile development in AWS environment with understanding of software build processes, integration, and Production releases.
* Automation/Scripting skills a plus
* Knowledge of AWS services, REST services, UNIX, TCP, TLS
* Ability to understand detailed design documents and assist partners with integration
* Structured problem solving skills, troubleshooting, and communication skills
* Well balanced written and verbal communication that allow effective discussions
Location: Arlington, VA
Federated Wireless is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.