Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Greenbelt, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Tier 3 Cyber SOC Analyst Job Responsibilities:
You should possess in-depth knowledge on network, endpoint, threat intelligence, forensics and malware reverse engineering, as well as the functioning of specific applications or underlying IT infrastructure; acts as an incident "hunter," not waiting for escalated incidents; closely involved in developing, tuning and implementing threat detection analytics.
* Assist with the development of incident response plans, workflows, and SOPs
* Deploy and maintain security sensors and tools
* Monitor security sensors and review logs to identify intrusions
* Use high-level scripting/programming language to extract, de-obfuscate, or otherwise manipulate malware related data
* Work directly with cyber threat intelligence analysts to convert intelligence into useful detection
* Collaborate with incident response team to rapidly build detection rules as needed
* Identify incident root cause and take proactive mitigation steps
* Review vulnerabilities and track resolution
* Review and process threat intel reports
* Develop and implement detection use cases
* Develop and implement IDS signatures
* Assist with incident response efforts
* Create and brief customer reports
* Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours security and/or engineering issues
* Perform customer security assessments