Join General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges.
We were recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Network Engineer Advisor (Telecommunications - Telephony):
* Provides technical direction and engineering knowledge for communications activities including planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining large communications networks. Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided to direct building architects and planners in building communications spaces and media pathways meet industry standards.
* Develops, operates, and maintains voice, wireless, video, and data communications systems.
* Provides complex engineering or analytical tasks and activities associated with one or more technical areas within the communications function.
* Design and implement computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks.
* Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning, including analysis of capacity needs for network infrastructures.
* Supports device management functions, messaging, browser, secure content locker, app deployment, STIG compliance.
* Works with cellular carriers to provide enterprise wireless support to 2000+ end-users.
* Utilizes Remedy or other help desk ticketing software.
* Works on all project phases, including planning, analysis, requirements, development, testing, and implementation.
* Writes effective end-user instructions, user guides, and maintains troubleshooting documentation.
* May also design network and computer security measures.
* May research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
* BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or Engineering.
* Five (5) years' experience with user-support via BES12 or Good Dynamics or equivalent MDM enterprise system.
* Five (5) years of business and enterprise wireless carrier products/services or relevant telephony experience.
* One (1) year experience with voice over internet protocol (VOIP).
* Experience can run concurrently
* IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, (or achieve within six months of TOA or hiring)
* Security Clearance: Secret clearance based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.