Would you like to join Practice Fusion, an Allscripts company, as we work together to reshape the future of healthcare? We are on a mission to help small, independent practices thrive by offering best-in-class, affordable products that allow them to focus on what matters most - caring for their patients. Practice Fusion is a leader in the electronic health record space with over 80 million patients served by doctors using our platform. Our award-winning, cloud based ambulatory EHR platform helps physicians thrive in an increasingly complex world by coordinating patient care. Join our growing team, as we are an enthusiastic and committed partner dedicated to connecting doctors, patients, and data to drive better health and save lives.
Practice Fusion is hiring a talented backend developer, passionate about creating life-saving technology for doctors and patients. Our cloud-based EHR is an ambitious Services Oriented Architecture written primarily in .NET, utilizing WebApi and WCF. You will take on the challenge of solving complex technical problems to deliver robust, performant, scalable and secure web services.
* Develop and maintain code across disciplines and across tiers * Work with business stakeholders, test engineers, program managers, devops engineers, data architects and data scientists to drive products from inception to release * Architect and develop technical solutions that are secure, robust, performant and scalable * Understanding of engineering costs across all aspects of product delivery, including: development effort, testing effort, scalability, deployment complexity, run-time cost and maintainability. * Write quality correct code, well-factored, documented, testable and maintainable which is a model for others to follow * Measure, find and fix performance and security issues * Research current trends, best practices, development libraries and frameworks. * Advocate for the right tools for the task at hand
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
* Understanding of versioning, continuous integration, dependency resolution * BSCS or related discipline
* 6+ yrs C#/.NET experience * Experience in effective use of development patterns and TDD * Leading in agile environments delivering secure, scalable solutions to evolving problems * Strong knowledge in most of the following: SQL, WCF/SOAP, REST, XML, ASP.NET/IIS, MVC, Ajax/jQuery * Experience in messaging systems (MSMQ, ActiveMQ, Websphere MQ, etc.) * Experience with cloud development and deployment (Amazon, Azure, etc.)
* Very little or no travel is required in this role.
* Standard office environment
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.