This Escalation Engineer can work from our office in Tacoma, WA or our HQ in Santa Clara, CA. We would also consider a Remote work situation from anywhere within North America for a well qualified candidate.
Infoblox Support Team is looking for an ambitious and intelligent individual to join our highly efficient and fun Technical Support Group. As an Escalations Engineer, you will be given the opportunity to get hands-on experience working with bleeding edge technology in a growing Silicon Valley company. Join a team where we have mentors (NOT managers) that provide their team with all the skills, tools and knowledge to cultivate a long and successful career.
Our Escalation Engineers work with customers (internal and external) to solve complex situations in creative ways. With our new Cloud and Security offerings, you will be at the forefront of relevant and necessary technology. If you are passionate about technology and customer service, then this opportunity is right for you.
We look forward to having you join our team!
You will be responsible for providing escalation assistance to Infoblox support engineers, customers, partners and field operations. As the last line of support before Sustaining Engineering, your daily activities include responding to escalated cases via our case tracking system, phone, email and web, diagnosing/analyzing complex technical problems and providing root causes summaries & workarounds to customers. You are also charged with being the technical liaison between the Support and Engineering teams.
* Act as the escalation point for tier 2 support engineers
* Take over highly visible, critical customer issues and manage - on your own - through to completion
* Troubleshooting complex customer environments and provide root cause analysis as well as workarounds
* Communicate with Engineering team on potential defects
* Recommend new and existing solutions which involve enhancing application/systems functionality, features and defect repair
* Standby shift for Severity 1 outage escalations
* Weekend on call rotation
* 5-10 years of experience working in a Technical Support
* Experience supporting SaaS technology
* Proficient knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols and configuration
* Knowledge on commonly used Internet protocols such as NTP, SNMP, FTP
* Hands-on knowledge with Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems
* Knowledge of authentication protocols such as AD, RADIUS and LDAP
* Solid knowledge in TCP/IP and networking protocols such as: VRRP, OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP
* Basic scripting skills - C, Python preferred
* Cisco or Microsoft certification(s) not required but a plus
* Knowledge of JIRA, Oracle's Right Now CRM (not required but a plus)
* Experience in Enterprise and Service Provider networks
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Occasional travel may be required although not common
* BS in CS, CE, or other technical field
It's an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies-and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team-our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it's like to be a Bloxer click here.
Infoblox is a company developing network identity solutions enabling businesses to automate network control functions to reduce costs and boost security.