Want to use your data architecture skills to make a difference in the world? Do you love building logical and physical data models and determining the best relational and non-relational approaches to handle complex queries on petabytes of data? Are you an expert at teaching teams how to tune their queries and select the right indexes? Have you helped solve your organization's data quality problems with a reference/master data single source of truth and an effective governance process with data stewards? We are looking for an Enterprise Data Architect to lead a team of experienced and talented engineers to further improve our data architecture and infrastructure. If you're an expert at designing standard data views and scalable analytics stores and want to build something that impacts the world in a positive way this might be the opportunity for you.
The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with platform, capabilities, and products that are helping the world's farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We are collecting massive amounts of agronomic data in one of the largest heterogeneous global data footprints and need to continuously improve how we store, relate and distribute this data in a fast, reliable and cost-effective way.
What You Will Do:
* Design, promote and deliver highly-scalable, reliable, and performant pipelines to integrate large volumes of complex data, reduce costs and improve information flows * Collaborate with business stakeholders, data analysts, data scientists, the Enterprise Data Modeler, architects and engineers to elicit, decipher, and edify requirements for all project involving enterprise data * Collaborate with the Enterprise Data Modeler to influence strategic direction and to recommend and implement appropriate data platforms and structures across the various application domains. * Collaborate with the Enterprise Data Modeler to design canonical data views, data standards, and procedures. * Develop and implement long-term strategic road maps and phased plans that mature the data architecture over several years and that support both current and future state business processes. * Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and migrate data from sub-optimized legacy systems to new solutions. Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement. * Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics--with the goal of ensuring data quality, improving delivery, and reducing costs. * Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization. * Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement. * Create strategies and plans for data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving. * Remain conversant with emerging data technologies and strategies.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience * 8+ years of data architecture/data engineering experience * In-depth understanding of database structures and principles, experience with various database platforms, data warehouses and analytical database systems (Redshift, Vertica, Snowflake, etc.) * In-depth understanding of and experience with database structure principles with various database platforms (Relational, Columnar, Document, Time Series, Column Family, Graph, etc.) * Expertise in SQL and experience with modern programming languages (Python, Java, Scala) * Experience working in cloud computing and distributed data environments * Experience implementing Big Data Compute systems (Spark, AWS EMR ) * Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
* Familiarity with Reference Data / MDM tools (Reltio, Informatica MDM Reference 360, Magnitude MDM, Collibra Data Governance Center) * Knowledge of File Systems and Object Storage (AWS S3, EFS, Hadoop, etc.) * Experience with Queues and Streaming Technologies (Kinesis, Flink, etc.) * Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes * Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques * Hands-on knowledge of appropriate tools (enterprise repository, data modeling, data mapping, data profiling, and data integration, etc.) * Data Quality Concepts (DQ dimensions, tools, pipelines, stewardship) * Experience creating and optimizing production-scale cloud data storage systems on AWS * Excellent communication and presentation skills for all levels of an organization * Highly effective collaboration and consensus building skills, working across cross-functional organizations
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
* Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program * A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day * Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used * We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
* Inspire one another * Innovate in all we do * Leave a mark on the world * Find the possible in the impossible * Be direct and transparent
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.