Alterra Mountain Company is a community of iconic year-round destinations, including the world's largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company's family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination's unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
Be part of an extraordinary industry, a growing company, in this new position responsible for running the latest cloud services in innovative ways! Are you passionate about IaaS and PaaS? Are you an expert in infrastructure-as-code automation, containers, and cloud integration? This new position will be the hands on, global engineer for Alterra Mountain Company's rapidly expanding Azure environments, and play a vital role in Alterra's Dynamics 365, Office 365, hybrid cloud, and related cloud operations and management platforms. The Enterprise Azure Engineer will be responsible for design and implementation of best practices, governance and automation as well as support of public and private cloud services related to compute, storage, network, security, and monitoring.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Provision, monitor, and maintain IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions related to compute, storage, networking, monitoring, security, and other services within the Azure platform. * Ensure all services meet enterprise standards for security, access/identity management, BURA/DR, and monitoring objectives. * Identify functional and operational requirements, making service/solution recommendations within selected cloud environments to ensure all requirements are met. * Advocate and assist in establishing cloud governance objectives across the enterprise including cost management/budgeting, standardization of network/security, and develop template-based policies and automation for environment setup to accelerate Dev and UAT infrastructure and enabling self-service capabilities for internal customers (Marketing, Application Development, Finance and Resort organizations). * Work hands-on in Azure environments to build and deploy technology services in support of key projects. * Lead the organization-wide Community of Practice collaborating on public cloud infrastructure alongside peers from across the company. * Manage and establish ITSM standards for request, change, incident, and problem management for all cloud services. * Collaborate with IT Security and Risk departments to ensure cloud services are constructed and maintained in a manner consistent with data privacy, security, vulnerability and other risk management requirements. * Utilize a data-driven approach to inform decision-making, analyze systems performance and identify opportunities for optimization and improvement (ie. establish automation routines for scale, write scripts to support infrastructure as code, etc.)
Travel details (if required):
Occasional travel to our mountain resort locations to support and establish working relationships for collaboration.
COMPETENCIES & JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Expert level of knowledge Microsoft Azure services and integration of Azure with on-premise infrastructure and private cloud environments. * Advanced knowledge and demonstrated capabilities using containers, container registries, and Infrastructure as Code ("IaC") tools and methodologies to drive configuration consistency, speed/simplicity, and minimize risk. * Advanced knowledge and experience specifically using Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Docker, ACI, and AKS. * Advanced level knowledge of Active Directory architectures, management, and implementation, specifically including Azure AD, AAD B2B, B2B, AAD Connect, and ADFS. * Advanced Knowledge and experience designing and deploying Azure Availability Sets, Availability Zones, and leveraging paired regions to address availability and recoverability requirements. * Working knowledge of high-availability and hybrid SQL architectures including Always On Availability Groups across on-prem and Azure, and SQL PaaS. * Functional level knowledge of Office 365 services including Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online (including PSTN integration and conferencing), Teams, hybrid configurations, Intune, and SharePoint * Advanced proficiency writing PowerShell scripts * Hand-on experience administering Microsoft hybrid environments such as hybrid Exchange and SharePoint * Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services * Comprehensive understanding of cloud computing principles such as service models, deployment models, and characteristics of on-demand/self-service, resource pooling, elastic scalability, and measured service. * Hands-on experience maintaining business systems at scale including network, compute, storage, virtualization, and operational management. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts. * Being available for working outside of normal business hours, holidays, and some weekends when needed for on-call periods
* Working knowledge of SDWAN, PCI, SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, routers, switches, MSSQL, and tiered application architectures. * Functional knowledge of websites, web servers, and web hosting including IIS * Professional Exposure to Dev Ops release and build management, continuous integration (CI/CD) automation scripts experience with tools like Git, bash scripting. * Formal training and certification in ITSM framework such as ITIL V3, project management methodology such as PMI, and business process engineering.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or the equivalent in education and work experience
* 5+ years of experience in managing large scale cloud environments, with specific demonstrated expertise in Azure administration * 3+ years of experience designing and building cloud solutions within Azure * 5+ years of experience in Windows Server administration (2012 R2 and 2016)
* 3-5 years of experience in application and/or infrastructure solution architecture * 3-5 years of experience in cloud-hosted application development and lifecycle management
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
* Certified MCSA or MCSE in Cloud Platforms and/or Infrastructure, or equivalent certifications/training
* Advanced specific training and certifications in Azure storage, networking, app services and identity & security.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment with Alterra Mountain Company "at will" for no definite period of time. The employee may terminate employment at any time without notice or cause, and so too can Alterra Mountain Company terminate employment relationship at any time without notice or cause.
Alterra Mountain Company Is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mountain Company adheres to the U.S. and Canadian labour and employment laws, and where applicable, to any State or Provincial-specific employment regulations.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.