Are you interested in coaching and developing software engineers to craft popular global games with real-time scalability challenges? Niantic is seeking an Engineering Manager to run a game engineering team that comprises between 7 to 12 engineers. You'll be working on a real-world Augmented Reality game, which may include Pokémon GO, Ingress, or Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. During a portion of your time, you will also perform hands-on coding on non-time-critical components.
You will be paired with a Technical Lead, who will be responsible for the team's technical architecture while you handle the people-management aspect of the engineering team.
* Lead an engineering team to deliver high-quality products and software.
* Perform career development, conflict resolution, and team building. Mentor engineers to expand their skills.
* Lead usage of standard methodologies in software development, including code reviews, automated testing, build deployment, scheduling.
* As part of your role, write code for non-time-critical software components.
* Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, design, marketing and operations, to ensure error-free launches in a timely manner.
* You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
* You have 2+ years of experience directly managing software engineers, and ensuring high productivity, morale, and growth.
* You have a demonstrated track record at creating a diverse, inclusive work environment that empowers every person.
* You know how to take a strategic goal, define features and eng scope, delegate work, collaborate cross-functionally, and deliver a product.
* You have professional experience working on a consumer mobile application.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.