Yamaha employees are passionate about music and sound! Our pro audio team is made up of dedicated, highly skilled team members who bring the Yamaha, NEXO and Steinberg product lines to the North American market. We address sales and marketing to both the musical instrument channel in the U.S. as well as the many vertical markets making up the commercial audio channel in both the U.S. and Canada. From portable pro audio and recording to complete networked system solutions, the Professional Audio Division leverages our brands' superior sound quality, market-leading customer service and renowned reliability to provide the very best experience for our customers.
Are you a creative thinker, passionate about pro audio, and have the drive to create results? If so, then check out this opportunity!
Yamaha has been engineering market-leading professional audio product since the early 1970s and has long been known as an innovator - especially in the field of mixing. After many decades, the mixer remains the heart of an audio system, and Yamaha's leadership position is clear. The brand now leverages this leadership to better help our customers to create their perfect system. We now offer premium speaker systems from both NEXO and Yamaha, Commercial Installation Solutions (CIS) product for commercial spaces, Steinberg recording solutions for both home and professional users and finally network switches tying the system together by way of robust networking courtesy of Dante.
Yamaha Professional Audio is looking for a System Design Engineer. The successful candidate will bring at least 6 years of technical marketing excellence in B2B professional audio to the table. System design skills that encompass the various components in a networked pro AV solution will be critical in this role, but the successful applicant must also be responsible for product management. Working with the Director of Marketing, the successful candidate will also create marketing strategies for an identified range of product and will ensure that all stakeholders from marketing and sales are well informed about the product in scope. Also, this position will partner closely with other System Design Engineers, the R&D team as well as our colleagues in Japan to influence product development to suit the market's needs. Yamaha continues to work towards the ultimate goal of forming a team that will help its customers create their perfect systems.
Here's What You'll Do:
* Be an industry-leading expert in modern networked pro AV systems in many of the market's verticals: Engineered Installed Systems (House of Worship, PACs, etc.); Commercial Installed Solutions for Background Music, Corporate and Education; Stadiums/Arenas; Live Sound Touring, Immersive Audio and others.
* Work cooperatively with the industry's best Commercial Audio (CA) marketing team and load-share design work with the other System Design Engineers.
* Be responsible for a part of the product portfolio in a product management capacity from birth to discontinuation (range of product will be based upon the successful applicant's expertise).
* Further establish the Yamaha Commercial Audio brand leadership position by connecting and supporting Consultants and Integrators in the U.S. and Canada.
* Partner with internal marketing and creative teams to help develop and execute campaigns and materials that engage and drive awareness with the target customers.
* Monitor competitor's product and solutions and help the marketing team to create relevant competitive charts.
* Continuously inform our sales team of impending product releases, updates etc.
* With the Director and the Marketing Development Specialists, create go-to market strategies and tactics for significant new product launches.
* Contribute to marketing reporting with images and success stories of your work.
* Team up with your teammates in NEXO and Steinberg to ensure that system synergy potential is maximized.
* Help our partners in global Pro Audio R&D to ensure that the company better understands the needs of the market and thereby drive future product development and innovations.
* Attend Trade Shows, conduct training in-field.
* In addition to F2F training, be part of the marketing effort to create compelling video training content.
* Perform other duties and participate in projects as required.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
* 6+ years of experience in system design with an accent upon networking
* Strong profile in the industry
* Technical expertise and experience in multiple vertical Commercial Audio markets
* Effective presentation skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong computer knowledge (relevant design/audio software and the Microsoft Office Suite)
* Industry certifications and training
* Able to travel up to 25% of the time (the U.S. and Canada, Japan and occasionally Europe)
* Some physical demands (lifting road cases and helping to set up trainings/shows)
* Undergraduate or graduate degree
* Membership in industry groups (AVIXA, etc.)
* Knowledge and experience on the video side of pro AV
* Relevant marketing certification(s)
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, and 401k with match and other perks
* Performance based bonus program
* Robust employee wellness programs including free onsite music lessons
* Gym membership reimbursement program
* Tobacco cessation reward program
* Free concerts from award winning artists
* Discounted hotel, travel, entertainment, and other attractions
If you'd like to get in on our mix, please apply!