ELINT Sensor Systems Engineer 4
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance Systems (ISR Systems) is one of three L3 business segments, is an industry leader in the missionization, modernization, and maintenance of aircraft and ground systems, with more than 65 years of experience in developing complex intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance systems; command and control systems; and secure communications. We provide a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
About L3 ISR Segment
L3's ISR Systems Segment brings together a broad collection of some 30 unique L3 divisions across 10 business areas to offer a diverse portfolio of innovative sensor and intelligence technologies across the maritime, land, airborne, space, cyber, and warfighter domains. Comprised of 15,000 employees in 5 countries including in 16 states in 40 locations, we are a global partner of choice delivering innovative capabilities to gather, share and protect intelligence for a more secure world.
The ELINT Sensor Systems Engineer performs system and subsystem integration, technical risk assessments, technical planning, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses of total systems throughout the system lifecycle. Analyses are performed at all levels of the system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. The ELINT Sensor Systems Engineer also performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Candidates for this position should be self-starting, able to work in a team environment, and possess excellent organization, communications, and presentation skills.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Analyses are performed at all levels of the system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
* The ELINT Sensor Systems Engineer also performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
* Candidates for this position should be self-starting, able to work in a team environment, and possess excellent organization, communications, and presentation skills.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science Degree (Physics, EE, CS or Mathematics). Masters preferred.
* An Active DoD Secret Clearance required and ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI which requires U.S. Citizenship
* Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in multi-disciplined engineering projects.
* Experience designing, implementing, or testing ELINT receivers or DF subsystems is a plus.
* Prior military or civilian experience with ELINT or EW systems is a plus.
* Software background/experience in the following areas are pluses:
* Working with Single-Board Computer (SBC) based systems.
* Working with Linux-based embedded software systems.
* Familiarity with high performance embedded computing and task concurrency concepts.
* Implementing DSP/MATLAB algorithms in embedded software.
* Experience in systems engineering activities is a plus:
* Analysis of customer requirements, including system and sub-system trade studies.
* Requirements flow-down to subsystems and components.
* Developing Interface Control Documents.
* Definition and generation of detailed software specifications for systems, subsystems, and key components using DOORS.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.