At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with different talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. Our Information Technologies division works in partnership with other areas of the Company to develop and support the business systems used throughout Nordstrom. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Data and Service platform team as we intensify the pace of innovation and move towards future growth through technology solutions. This position will develop and support APIs and services for our Product Ingestion Engine, with special focus on high performance ingestion and correlation of product data from multiple sources, along with high scale notification of product changes and integration with internal workflows and tools used to set up items for purchase orders and data enrichment needed for digital sales channels. You will help us design and implement software in Google and AWS Cloud to drive the next generation of cloud-based tools and services in the Product domain. You should thrive in a collaborative, intellectually challenging environment, and be prepared to work with team members to create high-quality, cutting edge software solutions.
A day in the life…
* Develop modern, large scale RESTful Micro Services and modern web based tools and applications for use by internal teams in a fast paced Retail environment.
* Working with senior team members, build distributed systems that integrate with a larger data and services ecosystem.
* Desire to have full ownership of the entire SDLC from conception through build and deployment, to ongoing production operational support (all team members are expected to take an on-call shift to support our systems 24/7.).
* Work in a true Agile environment where all team members are expected to own the solution including deployment, testing, quality, monitoring and operational excellence.
* Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices.
* Anticipate system/application challenges and proposes solutions for the same.
* Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation.
* Review user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage.
* Participate in design and code review to ensure quality and testability of feature code.
* Implement build, deployment and test automation to ensure high quality and enable continuous delivery.
* Adjust positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals.
* Understand, leverage and applies best practices effectively.
* This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
You own this if you have…
* 3+ years of current professional experience working with modern OO language (Java preferred.)
* Proven proficiency in API development (REST and SOAP).
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Agile software development experience.
* Experience with Google Cloud Services such as Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage and Pub/Sub is a plus.
* Experience with React.js, docker/kubernetes/gitlab CI/CD is a plus.
* Experience in the eCommerce or retail space is a plus.
We've got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
* Time Off
* Merchandise Discount
* Lifework / EAP resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2018 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.