Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Engagement Management Lead
We are looking for an Engagement Manager for our Professional Services group who is passionate about driving growth for Capital One's new developer platform. This initiative operates as a new entity within Capital One's Digital organization and leverages the collective power of all Capital One's assets to drive value for businesses and developers around the globe. The Professional Services team is a high-energy, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment and you will have an opportunity to shape the team's future.
The Engagement Manager will lead the strategic partner's integrations with our API by providing white glove services throughout the client lifecycle and cultivating external relationships while working directly with internal Capital One teams to develop, promote and improve the product offerings.
Key responsibilities include
● Manage complex, high value IT consulting projects that require the coordination of development work on multiple platforms and across multiple teams to achieve the desired outcome.
● Build and maintain excellent internal and external client relationships.
● Provide thought leadership to the client.
● Ensure both the client and internal expectations are met.
● Assist in defining strategic business requirements and client needs.
● Own the Professional Services delivery methodology.
● Establish metrics to analyze and track performance in Salesforce or other CRM tools.
● 4+ years of work experience in client-facing professional services or consulting roles for related web technologies.
● Extremely organized with strong multitasking, task coordination, and time management skills to drive and deliver results.
● Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
● Able to handle ambiguity and be able to dive deep without losing sight of the project's direction and commitment.
● Able to perform with minimal direction and comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
● Working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM tools for managing opportunities and leads.
● Proficiency in project management software tools such as GSuite, Confluence, JIRA. 1
● Proven ability to lead complex IT projects in cross-functional teams in different locations.
● Able to identify and negotiate solutions to address project challenges.
● Experience interacting with senior leaders as well as engineers.
● Excellent presentation skills, written and verbal communications.
● Up to 20% travel may be required.
● Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
● At least 4 years experience as a Project Manager or Program Manager.
● Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering.
● 1+ year experience with web services and related standards such as REST, OAuth or JSON.
● 1+ year experience of financial and payments industries.
● 1+ year experience working with Agile methodology.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.