BAE Systems is developing systems in the Electronic Attack (EA) domain of Electronic Warfare (EW).
Motivated and positive minded engineers highly skilled in EA are needed for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, and geolocation of emitters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will involve developing new EA techniques for application in EW systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Performing one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Analyzes and develops EA techniques to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms.
b. Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Develops and evaluates complex system designs and architectures.
d. Develops and analyzes mathematically complex and computationally intricate EA and geo-location algorithms.
e. Performs Threat Analysis to develop EA techniques.
f . Performs system level integration and test of EA systems.
g. Performs lab debug and analysis of EA techniques.
h. Verifies complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
2. Supporting proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
3. Estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
4. Preparing and/or delivering basic customer and technical presentations.
5. Will have extensive outside contact with customers, other contractors and government officials.
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a global company engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems.