At BAE's Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems, we provide actionable intelligence for our warfighters through electronic products and innovative technical solutions from the depths of the ocean to outer space and everywhere in between.
We have an exciting opportunity for Chief Systems Engineers to join our growing Communications and Navigations Solutions organization. As a Chief Systems Engineer, you will join our team that is working on the Network Tactical Common Data Link (NTCDL) System, addressing ISR data transfer in tactical, operational, and strategic echelons. This is a Senior Systems Engineering role reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
* Serve as an authority and consultant in at least one major technical discipline of high complexity and importance to the Common Data Link and/or Tactical Common Data Link product line within CNS business. Works across a broad range of disciplines to structure undefined problems, identifies key technical issues and defines alternative approaches and resolutions. Develops and applies extremely advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts, extending existing boundaries of knowledge. Works in complex areas requiring research, creativity and ingenuity in identifying potential engineering solutions.
* Plan critical long-range technological requirements to enhance Company objectives or meet anticipated customer needs. Independently identifies and solves significant problems associated with the success of current and critical long range objectives. Leads and coordinates the activities of key technical personnel and other employees as required.
* Foster new ideas and inventions. Pursues new technology concepts prior to the establishment of any formal IR&D or CR&D establishment. Recommends, plans, leads, reviews, identifies risks and evaluates R&D and technological applications programs. Advises senior management on developments, trends or weaknesses in his/her area(s) of expertise for the LOB and OG. Additionally, expertise is often sought out at the corporate level or globally.
* Serve as prime spokesperson to customers and other companies on Company's technical capabilities in area(s) of expertise. Is often instrumental in attracting and obtaining new company business. Holds membership(s) in professional organizations, often in a leadership role. Represents Company at professional technical forums, organizations, conferences and meetings. Makes significant contributions to government, scientific or technology study panels. May publish in national scientific and technical journals.
* Mentor high potential and other Engineers in area(s) of expertise.
* Recommend system philosophies, design objectives and risk mitigation.
* Actively lead and/or participate in design reviews, proposal evaluations, tiger teams, etc. Actively participates in new business activities. Prepare and review technical papers and reports
* System design activities include system design synthesis, design trade-off studies using 'Cost as an Independent Variable (CAIV)', and developing design documentation such as Prime Item Development Specifications and Interface Control Documents.
* Conduct System Integration and Test Activities including specifying test equipment requirements, developing system level test plans & procedures, conducting system test, writing test reports, tracking and adjudicating defects, and conducting Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs).
* Technical leadership of teams ranging from 10 to 100 engineers.
About Bae Systems
BAE Systems engages in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems used in the air, on land, at sea, and in space.