Cutera, Inc. (NASDAQ: CUTR) is a leading global aesthetics device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. We are a fast-paced, high-tech medical device company looking for the right person to help grow our business.
The Company's technology enables physicians to provide advanced solutions for a broad range of medical aesthetic applications including improving the skin's appearance through the treatment of superficial benign vascular and pigmented lesions, unwanted hair removal, improvement in skin laxity, skin wrinkles, and body contouring and sculpting.
Founded in 1998, the corporate headquarters for the Company are located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Cutera is proud to manufacture all of its systems and accessories at its California headquarters. It has direct global operations in North America, Japan, Australia, and several European countries, and its products are distributed in over 40 countries. Please visit www.cutera.com for more information about Cutera.
We are seeking an exceptional engineer to drive development of embedded software for novel medical systems. As a hands-on manager, you will contribute directly toward firmware development and manage project schedules and workflow for our software engineering team. Projects involve a broad range of technologies including complex laser systems, optical delivery systems, ultrasound, and radio-frequency devices all developed organically by our scientists and engineers in our R&D labs. As such, this position provides a unique opportunity for an individual with broad interests and skills. Expertise in C and C++, as well as in-depth knowledge of I2C, SPI, USB and Ethernet interfaces and RTOS, Graphics, and Embedded WEB Servers is desired.
* Manage embedded software development projects and engineers.
* Manage project schedules and report on progress.
* Participate in medical device design activities, including development of new device requirements, system specifications and architecture.
* Develop Software Requirements Specifications and Design Documents.
* As a direct contributor, write embedded software in C and other languages.
* Work with Sustaining Engineering Group providing support for existing devices.
* Assure compliance with all applicable standards using appropriate design and testing methodologies.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 10+ years of related experience in embedded control system design and debugging.
* Proven track record in managing engineering teams.
* Thorough, in-depth knowledge of embedded, microprocessor based controller design required.
* Thorough, in-depth knowledge of HW communication standard such as I2C, SPI, USB and Ethernet.
* Expertise in reading electronic schematics and electronic datasheets.
* In-depth knowledge of real time operating systems.
* Expertise in C programming.
* Expertise in using version control software.
* Practical debugging skills using oscilloscopes and logic analyzers required.
* Cutera designs products that contain electronics, including high voltage electronics, control circuits, electro-mechanical devices, electro-optics and instrumentation. Candidate must be well-verses in these aspects of device design.
* Experience working with other electrical and electronics engineers; mechanical and optical engineers; software engineers and scientists to develop new products.
* Expertise in programming systems based on ARM microprocessors.
* Experience in using IAR tools.
* Familiarity with embOS and SMX operating systems.
* Previous experience in the designing medical devices.
Applicants responding to this posting must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Competitive salary, benefits, ESPP and stock options. Cutera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.