iSoftStone is an award-winning global consulting and IT outsourcing firm. With over 13,000 employees globally and growing, iSoftStone has uniquely integrated consulting services, technology services and business process outsourcing for true end-to-end solutions. Our delivery model combines onshore innovation and expertise with offshore programming and development to deliver the highest value to our clients.
iSoftStone prides itself on our ability to partner with clients to deeply understand their industry dynamics and business challenges, in order to find solutions. Internally, we understand that our success is driven by our great team and work environment. We have even received awards for being one of the best places to work by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're creative, energetic, and motivated by our clients' successes. If you share our passion for delivering innovative technology solutions and want to work for a great company, get in touch. We're always looking for the next big talent.
We are looking for a Technical Architect to guide the design, development and integration of solutions that not only satisfy requirements, but that also actually resolve issues and provide enhanced value for our internal business customers. The Technical Architect will review a High Level solution provided by a Solution Architect and validate whether that proposed solution will meet the needs of the business. Once successfully validated the Technical Architect will provide the detailed design nuts and bolts of the solution. This person will collaborate at an applications level with a team of architects in Development providing solid designs that developers can hit the ground running with. This person will need to speak code with developers when necessary, but not write code. The Technical Architect should be explicitly familiar with IDE's, APIs, SDKs, code builds, deployments, and SDLCs. This person will own the detailed architecture design (the meat) of our Enterprise Systems including:
* Various Off The Shelf software packages and custom developed solutions supporting: * Marketing (SAS, Infor, Epiphany, Chordiant) * Supply Chain & Order Mgmt (JDA, Logility, Inovis, Syclo) * Finance, HR, Legal, Corporate (Remedy, Archer) * Enterprise Content Management (ECM Sharepoint, Documentum) * Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP SAP for HR, Finance, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Order Management) * Customer Relationship Management (Siebel) * Enterprise Mobility (Afaria, SUP)
Architectural duties will span process, data, systems, hardware and integration.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
* We are looking for architectural depth and breadth; consulting experience a plus. This is an exciting position that will stretch your skills in multiple directions!
* Review the requirements from the Business and validate the High Level Solution provided by the Solution Architect. Once validated, map out the detailed architecture design including integration points and specify how systems and applications will integrate
* Partner closely with Development and provide developers with a strong detailed design to be implemented
* Answer detailed design questions for all groups (Developers, Testers, Managers, etc)
* Collaborate with other Technical Architects to ensure their documentation and deliverables are consistent for all systems and solutions
* Inspire better & more sustainable solutions (through strong collaboration, asking hard questions, applying architectural patterns, whole systems thinking, best practices)
* Form and nurture strong partnerships outside IT including enterprise architecture, program office, business teams
* Capture & cement key internal knowledge; eliminate redundancy and find ways to eliminate overhead in repetitive tasks
* Stay aware of & ahead of the marketplace. Find and apply emerging themes across supporting portfolio for example social collaboration, mobility
* Help identify, drive to root cause and prescriptive measures for major architectural problems
* Expert Knowledge of Object Oriented Languages & Concepts, Database technology, Middleware and SOA Technologies, Presentation tier technologies, systems Security technology, Business Process Management technologies
* Expert knowledge of network operating systems (Window Server, UNIX), enterprise systems (SQL Server, Oracle, IIS, etc.), identity management (Active Directory, IAM) and large scale integrated applications
* Explicitly familiar (hands on experience) with IDEs, SDKs, APIs, code builds, deployments and SDLCs
* Solid knowledge Architecture Best Practices and software development methodologies
* Knowledgeable about Wireless telephony business processes, strategic technologies and industry best practices preferred
* Strong analysis & synthesis skills
* Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
* Minimum 8+ years in a business environment
* Minimum 8+ years as a software or systems architect, engineer, programmer
* Minimum 4-year degree in computer science or related discipline
* Technology certifications (such as Java, Microsoft, Oracle) a plus
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.