HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare-now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a talented individual for an EDI Systems Supervisor responsible for designing, analyzing, implementing, supporting and maintaining specifications for set-ups, enhancements and extensions with EDI application interfaces and maps. This role is also responsible for directing the overall policies for EDI department and continuously improving EDI processing capabilities including mitigating risk of error/exceptions while also planning for future growth.
* Supervise the daily activities of assigned team(s) including performance management and time off requests.
* Plan team schedule, monitor workload and review work quality
* Approve timesheets and manage paid time off.
* Arrange and conduct staff training to ensure staff is properly developed to meet organizations future needs.
* Develop and maintain programs and processes that manage corporate inbound and outbound data.
* Troubleshoot and repair failed MFT scripts.
* Act as business analyst, analyzing, designing, and developing specifications for enhancements and extensions with EDI application interfaces.
* Coordinate EDI testing and trading partner implementation initiatives.
* Assess older setups, offering suggest/implementing automated improvements.
* Serve as liaison for internal & external technical staff as well as business areas to set up data transfer processes.
* Manage and coordinate source data, electronic data, I/O data, and cycle processing data.
* Transfer data between systems.
* Liaison with business and tech communities to get new electronic data transfer setup completed in a timely fashion.
* Provide technical implementation and post-implementation support for EDI applications.
* Respond to inquiries regarding EDI technical transfers issues with enrollment, claims, payments, and/or clearinghouse activities.
* Conduct analysis of EDI transfers and is responsible for documentation and reports.
* Support all internal clients to ensure a high level of internal customer satisfaction.
* Possess an understanding of mainframe, server, and PC environment in order to effectively move data between various platforms.
* Write and debug scripts.
* Analyze information, using logic and process to address issues and problems.
* Troubleshooting existing applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to solve problems.
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
* Excellent good customer service skills.
* Detail oriented.
* Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy and Security rules.
* Ability to work independently to meet objectives.
* Ability to perform well in team environment, with staff at all levels, to achieve business goals.
* Ability to function under pressure and deadline oriented project demands as well as manage multiple initiatives.
* Ability to accomplish goals by relying on limited experience and judgment to plan.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
* Ability to communicate and exchange information
* Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
* Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
* Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
* May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
* May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
* Bachelor's degree in related area preferred or equivalent work experience required
Minimum Related Work Experience:
* 4 years' experience in related field, experience with moving data between various platforms required, intimate knowledge of FTP, successful track record of training business user on technical tools, and the following computer experience:
* General experience with EDI, GENTRAN, and Networking skills.
* Deep Experience using various encryption tools, especially PGP
* Momentum experience preferred, healthcare experience and knowledge of ANSII transaction sets preferred, Windows/Network, Admin Unix/Linux, NDM/Connect Direct Websharer/MQSeries preferred.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EOE including disability/veteran