E-Commerce Team - Back-End Software Engineer
Synthego is the genome engineering innovation company. The company's automated, full stack genome engineering platform enables broader access to CRISPR to accelerate basic scientific discovery, uncover cures for diseases and develop novel synthetic biology applications.
We are looking for a Mid to Senior Back-End Software Engineer to help build our next generation of commerce tools. The Commercial Software team supports every part of the customer journey with Synthego -- landing pages, product pages, design tools, checkout funnels, and custom integrations with our internal systems and third-party software. You will work with colleagues from Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, Sales Operations and Finance to build and optimize the visitor experience across our web properties, developing high-value features that support our business objectives and delight our customers.
What You'll Do
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features for our website and store, customer-facing workflows, products and internal tools.
* Work with Marketing and Product teams to track and optimize the customer funnel.
* Build a storefront experience that delights customers and builds upon Synthego's brand and value proposition.
* Build clean, scalable, secure code that solves problems for today and tomorrow.
* Mentor other engineers and thoughtfully review code.
* Troubleshoot customer problems, address issues, and answer questions from internal teams.
* 3+ years of professional experience developing web applications.
* 1-3+ years of professional experience doing back-end development with Python and Django.
* You're flexible, dedicated, and curious.
* You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
* You are eager to solve unique e-commerce problems in the biotech space.
* You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
* You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
* You know when to do something yourself and when to ask for help. You understand the importance of prioritization.
* You are comfortable communicating with internal customers, technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, demo work in progress and provide project updates.
* You have the drive and focus to get challenging projects over the finish line, and you are comfortable advocating for what you need to do your best work.
Nice to Have
* Experience with large-scale e-commerce.
* Experience working with microservices.
* Experience with React/Redux.
* Experience with agile tools like JIRA, Confluence and GitHub.
Company Benefits & Perks
* Competitive salary
* Generous equity at an early stage company
* Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
* 401k Plan
* Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
* Free catered lunches and dinners
* 4x daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco
Synthego's vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.