Western State Hospital is recruiting for two Application Developers. These are senior roles that will provide application development for healthcare management information systems.
Aligning with WSH's mission, the Information Technology work that you produce contributes to business continuity and security of client information.
As Application Developer, you will spend most of your time designing and developing new systems and modify, resolve, and implement support to existing systems and databases. The outcome ensures safe, efficient and effective mental health services are delivered to our clients living in the state's psychiatric hospital.
Some of what you will be doing
* Independently conduct research and recommend design/program changes
* Provide guidance and mentoring to all developers at WSH
* Analyze, design, develop, test, and maintain IT applications for WSH, Eastern State Hospital, and the Child Study & Treatment Center; isolate defects; manage application development through TFS
* Implement solutions using Visual Studio, and other available tools
* Define and document objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and desired functionality
* Apply data architect methodologies to plan, analyze business and technical data requirements, develop data requirements and structures for application development and/or enhancement
* Integrate and design complex hospital-wide databases; manage SQL database backups, validation and scheduling; ensure database backups are scheduled, validated and recovery processes are tested
* Responsible for database security, encryption and vulnerability testing
What we are looking for
* Four years of progressive responsibility in IT application design and troubleshooting, which includes 2 years of full-stack application development or database management
* Demonstrated proficiency of using techniques for requirements gathering, understanding user interface design, and writing high-level designs
* Skilled in application design and/or SQL, SQL Server Integration Services & Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
* Understanding of programming logic and database processing
* Use of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
* A Computer Science BA is preferred
Interested? Submit an application. See why people like you chose careers with DSHS.
DSHS has new salary schedules being developed, including a 3% increase, to go into effect July 1, 2019. Until the schedules are finalized the current salary model is being reflected. Currently, this job is classified as an Information Technology Specialist 5 (ITS5). In an effort to align our job with current market levels, this job title and salary may change.
Questions? Email Jenny at email@example.com about 04838 or call 360-725-5848 Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security