The Drupal Solutions Architect will work closely with Project Management and the client to define and prioritize functionality, execute Agile Scrum processes, deliver complex features and functionality. The Drupal Solutions Architect will review the existing system architecture, identify areas of weakness, define key capabilities and performance requirements, and identify design constraints of the system. The ideal candidate would be able to comprehend the current Drupal AWS cloud environment and help the client achieve their goals of a more robust environment.
* Perform as Drupal SME and Solutions Architect providing guidance and collaboration with the internal and external teams.
* Function as a Development Team lead Collaborate with team members and clients to understand needs and define the most appropriate solutions.
* Design, create, test and maintain Drupal websites and web applications in a collaborative agile environment.
* Assist in defining and refining Architectural, Functional and System requirements based on business requirements.
* Work with project management to plan upgrades of existing components (e.g. Drupal core and modules).
* Research and implement new components (third-party application and/or contributed modules).
* Recommend and implement technical architecture changes to optimize application security, stability, flexibility, and scalability.
* Provide expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices.
* Guide Drupal Agile development team through ceremonies like sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives.
* Perform site-building activities, including creating and modifying views, contexts and blocks to match functionality specified in wireframes and designs.
* Participate in code reviews, security audits and technical design approval.
* Ensure system documentation is developed, maintained and readily accessible to team.
* Experience in managing deployments of Drupal projects with multiple developers across multiple environments
* Experience in the design and development of system architectures, including the definition of key capabilities and performance requirements, while considering UI & UX
* Experience in the development of external system interface and definitions
* Experience designing and delivering large scale web sites
* Experience with Agile software development and Agile methodology
* Experience in implementing Drupal 8 Web Content Management Systems
* 10+ years working with SDLC, and experience with web applications and databases
* 8+ years developing applications using Drupal and PHP
* 5+ years working in an Agile/Scrum environment
* 5+ years developing custom modules to extend Drupal
* 5+ years working with APIs, and integrating with external web services including REST, XML, or JSON
* 3+ years using JS frameworks like Angular JS or React JS
* 3+ years in applying accessibility best practices (Section 508 compliance)
* 3+ years using version control systems such as GitLab
* Per Government requirement, must reside in the U.S. for a minimum of 3 of the prior 5 years
* Knowledge of SEO coding best practices
* Experience with Gatsby and static decoupled Drupal
* Experience with application architecture, specifically scaling / autoscaling
* Experience of hosting and managing Drupal systems on a cloud platform, preferably AWS
* Experience with Akamai caching for high-volume Drupal sites
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training-to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the Apply button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit: www.salientcrgt.com/careers to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.