Job Description Summary:
The Domain Architect understands the capabilities of a business application family and/or set of technologies within the web/digital business application domain and ensures that these capabilities are fully utilized and effectively optimized to make leveraging them efficient. He/she evaluates the technologies against vendor product roadmaps, competitive products, and market trends to ensure that the domain meets current and future Eversource needs.
The Domain Architect is responsible for contributing to the domain roadmap, standards and practices into the overall Enterprise Architecture as well as supporting solution development efforts guided by Solutions Architects that involve the web/digital business application domain. Efficient governance over the domain is necessary to ensure that the technologies are incorporated into solutions in compliant, standard, and supportable ways.
* Responsible for successfully applying the technology within the web/digital application domain to solve business problems in a supportable, cost effective, way.
* Understands how the web/digital application domain supports Eversource needs and assesses current capabilities and future needs to identify necessary changes to the domain technologies or practices.
* Develop guidance for incorporating the technology within the web/digital domain into solutions, including defined standards, reference architectures, solution guidelines and metrics.
* Define patterns and building blocks that leverage domain technologies in an optimal way.
* Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs, including those of IT.
* Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
* Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, analyze the technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
* Mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and EA to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
* Facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations and technology platforms.
* Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of changes to the technology architecture.
* Participates in Eversource Enterprise Architecture processes as the expert in the web/digital application domain and works with peers to align architects.
* Incorporate domain standards, practices, guidance and roadmaps into the Eversource Architects and communicate them via architecture documents, meetings or other channels. Periodically review and maintain the accuracy of the information.
* Develop Standards, practices, roadmaps, for inclusion in the Eversource EA and for use in developing solutions leveraging the domain technology
* Provides technology consulting to solution architects and others who are using or modifying multiple domain technologies within a solution, insuring the technology operates coherently to meet overall needs.
* Effectively integrate knowledge from subject matter experts and peers from other technical areas.
* Responsible for governance over solutions that leverage web/digital application domain technologies.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor