Director, ACE Solutions Architects - Networking & Security
Director, Solutions Architects, will be responsible for managing the Americas based team of Advanced Customer Engagement (ACE) Solutions Architects to deliver on their core mission of providing architecture and implementation strategy for Vmware's key customers, driving product adoption for the Network Virtualization and Cloud Native portfolio, supporting field capability via enablement and driving scale through partner mentoring.
The SA Director will work with the ACE leadership team to set and achieve team goals and metrics in line with Global Services and product BU objectives, oversee assignment and delivery of ACE engagements and drive career development for the Solution Architects in the GEO.
This role provides a point of contact/accountability for the Americas SA team, responsible for project planning, team assignment, managing work activities, communication, status reporting and career planning.
The SA Director is expected to bring technical knowledge of VMware products, deep functional domain knowledge as well as solid people management skills to work collaboratively with the customer resources and the VMware teams to deliver results.
Success criteria/metrics for this role will include:
* Customer Success and value realization via accelerated adoption of Networking and Cloud Native solutions.
* Commitment to driving BU adoption goals.
* Working with customers, accounts teams, BU stakeholders and other field teams to build relationships and provide domain specific subject matter expertise.
* Providing thought leadership to enhance the quality of VMware-customer relationship - creating customers for life.
* Driving scale via enhancing field and partner capability on emerging technologies.
* Plan, coordinate, track and oversee SA engagements to successful completion
* Direct and monitor SA work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, perform quality review; and escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
* Provide support for customers of ACE Key Accounts
* Collaborate with ACE program management team on delivery of adoption and enablement programs.
* Engage with Sales and Account teams to identify/drive account growth opportunities.
* Own and manage development of team technical skills and career growth.
* Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders in product BU, PS, GSS and field sales teams.
* At least 5 years of technical experience preferably senior level technical resources
* Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with a Technology or "Big 5" consulting organization
* Familiarity with Network technologies (Network Security Tool and Networking Concepts such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, Load Balancers, Security/Trust Zones, L2 Switching and L3 routing. VLANs, Unicast vs Multicast, Management Networks, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting, routing, VPN and network design is preferred
* Knowledge of Cloud Native, Network Virtualization technologies & OpenSource solutions would be an advantage.
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
* B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
* Travel - up to 50% may be required
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.