Location: Boston, MA
Reporting to: VP, Global IT
Orchard Therapeutics is a fully integrated commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with serious and life-threatening rare disease through innovative gene therapies.
Orchard currently has offices in the U.K. and the U.S., including London, San Francisco and Boston
This position serves as the primary, independent IT technical program lead and business liaison for all SG&A enterprise environments at Orchard. This includes but is not limited to:
* Commercial/Sales: CRM, Logistics and Patient Care, Analytics and Data Warehousing, Marketing
* G&A: ERP, Expense, HRIS, Contract Management, Planning & Budgeting
In this role the incumbent will act as a leader with the aforementioned functional units to understand, and leverage where possible, available technological guidance and strategy for the function and develop and execute plans for successful technology implementation.
Responsibilities include the discovery, definition and delivery of high value IT-enabled initiatives within the supported departments; customer liaison and business partner activities; business process analysis, optimization and design assistance where no business process exists and a need is defined; participation in development, management and execution of IT projects and activities related to the functional lines and their strategic short and long term positions; supporting the computer system validation and qualification processes for applications as needed; administration of functional line systems as necessary, and participating in driving IT strategic plans, and participation in the management of those plans as related to Orchard's departments.
The position recommends business process improvements in the customer environment and client program management function(s) and uses professional concepts in accordance with business best practices and objectives to solve a wide range of problems in creative and effective ways. Works on problems with conflicting facts where solutions may take extensive investigation to define. Handles multiple tasks and projects. Broad managerial direction is provided, and work is typically reviewed only at completion.
* Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business drivers and strategies and define IT-enabled opportunities, including their profitability/impact to Orchard
* Actively work to align on, construct and execute a technological vision to ensure the success of upcoming Orchard product launches
* Manage upcoming projects for the incumbent functional lines to ensure success from vendor selection through to implementation and beyond
* Manage business partner expectations by negotiating the needs and expectations of the functional lines within the context of Orchard's larger strategy design
* Proactively work to translate business requirements into functional outcomes and realize value through the best and most effective use of technology
* Own the relationship with the business customer, driving investigation and resolution of user problems with other IT groups. Maintain communication between users and the IT support staff to reach satisfactory resolution. Persist to target root cause analysis and deliver soluble, final resolutions to issues
* Develop functional specifications for new applications or enhancements to existing applications
* Effectively manage projects for which the incumbent is responsible, using best practices and following required SDLC, compliance and project procedure/policies
* Participate in the design of testing procedures and in the testing of new applications. Assist in assessing validation requirements
* Coordinate data analysis to drive the development of KPI's, dashboards, statistics and reports as/if required within the function
* Participate in writing user documentation for new applications, developing training materials, and providing new user training
* Assist with the development of super users within the functional lines
* Coordinate, establish, document and implement reporting procedures and task instructions to provide company cost savings and work consistency for solution implementation
* Coordinate and manage projects through various communications, data collection and analysis
* Evaluate new software products to determine their applicability to current and future IT environments
* Develop and manage vendor relationships including issues notifications and follow-up until issue resolution
* Coordinate selection, configuration, testing and installation of new software packages and modifications from vendors and/or IT developed solutions
* Assist in testing, QA and updating software products, new releases, enhancements, fixes and maintenance
* Participate in councils, quality improvement teams, and other such committees as required
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or the life sciences preferred
* 10-15 years in a pharmaceutical, CRO or ERP environment required
* Experience in technological oversight of commercial product launches required
* Proven familiarity with multiple project management methodologies required
* Demonstrated business process improvement capabilities required
* Demonstrated familiarity with current industry related compliance standards (21CFR11, SOX, GDPR PCI) required
* Demonstrated creative "out of the box" thinking
* Exhibits strong teaming skills, including facilitating group sessions and reaching consensus - is a constructive team player
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Working knowledge of Common cloud platforms, Windows OS and MS Office required
* Working knowledge of Smartsheet strongly preferred
* Training and/or experience in database management concepts
* Working knowledge of resource and time management tools
* Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills
* A track record of success in helping to solve significant technology-related business problems
Orchard Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
All employment offers and CV's are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.
About Orchard Therapeutics
Orchard Therapeutics is a biotechnology company, develops and commercializes transformative ex-vivo gene therapies for patients with orphan diseases.