ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket has been a thought leader at the intersection of transformative technology and business innovation since our inception in 2008. Headquartered in Dallas, we design and develop experiences for the Connected Customer that produce undeniable value for many of the world's most distinguished brands. Our more than 450 award-winning experiences have set new standards in connecting people to what they want and are transforming how our clients compete and win in the marketplace. Bottle Rocket is a strategic partner within the worldwide WPP integrated communications network. To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing specialist at the forefront of connected device revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile and digital experiences - and our passion doesn't end there. After hours, we're those people standing in line for the latest technologies and attending industry meetups searching for more knowledge. Bottle Rocket not only exceeds standards - we set new ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named to the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards, among many other industry recognitions. We have also been featured in Forbes as one of America's Most Promising Companies. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
It's our duty to stay at the forefront of what's next, and in our world, that means continuous innovation. It's more than just a buzz word. It's our day to day and the heartbeat of our Rocketeers. We believe innovation is the result of curiosity and the desire to make a difference. Innovation is a strategic imperative we use to deliver relevant offerings to help our clients stay ahead of the competition. Innovation that rapidly turns into execution is our strength.
With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket's future promises continued growth in all areas of our business. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
To learn more, visit us at bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT This Position:
We are currently seeking a Director IOS to lead a team of managers and developers to architect, design, develop and test custom iOS applications for Fortune 1000 clients. Keep abreast of the latest technology changes from Apple and provide thought leadership to the company as it relates to iOS technologies. Drive the creation and adherence to development standards and best practices.
* Work with managers to mentor them and grow their management skills.
* Work directly with high-potential individual contributors to mentor them in advancing their role-specific skills and careers. Optimize overall team performance, by targeted coaching of individual team members
* Manage overall staffing including assigning the right team members to each project, and onboarding flexible staff when needed.
* Collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members and teams
* Escalate issues and risks, and their business impact in a timely manner with proposed mitigation. Actively seek and remove impediments to team success regardless of where they originate.
* Establish new and improve existing iOS discipline standards and development/delivery processes
* Communicate effectively and clearly with internal and external clients (both existing and potential)
* Continuously improves software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale
* Human resource contributions associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, salary management, performance evaluation, and coaching
* Provide accurate estimates of projects, or approve estimates given by others within your department
* When requested, work with potential clients to understand their business goals and help define project scope and timeline. Help bridge the gap between business goals and technical delivery, as needed.
* Keep abreast of the latest technology changes from Apple and provide thought leadership to the company as it relates to iOS technologies.
* Maintain confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical work, client documents and interfacing of their systems
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
* On the job training and research
* Work on internal documentation, training, and other special projects, as required
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* 10+ years of software industry experience
* Minimum of 8 years of experience managing a team of technical resources, including recruiting, administrative, performance, and resource planning
* Minimum of 3 years of experience leading teams of developers delivering mobile app solutions
* Deep knowledge of agile software development methodologies
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant experience
* Experience leading consumer-facing application development teams
* Some knowledge of Accessibility, Mobile App Security and Internationalization/Localization
* Proven managerial experience, including experience coaching direct reports to build and manage their career development plans
* Familiar with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
* Good time management skills
* Strong communication skills with a high emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business terms and to express opinions clearly in a straightforward manner
* Self-driven and self-managed with the ability to operate effectively with minimum oversight
* Able to work in a fast-paced, very team-oriented environment
* Have a passion for technology and follow industry best practices
* Regular attendance at work is required for successful performance
* Past experience in leading teams to build and maintain large mobile applications
* Experience in managing distributed teams with engineers in multiple locations (on-site and remote)
* Experience managing vendors and managed services providers
* Knowledge of cross-platform mobile development tools (React Native, NativeScript, Ionic, Flutter, etc.)
* Experience using Atlassian suite of tools - Confluence, JIRA
* Passion for Apple and iOS technologies