Bazaarvoice connects brands and retailers to consumers, so that every shopping experience feels personal. From search and discovery to purchase and advocacy, Bazaarvoice's solutions reach in-market shoppers, personalize their experiences, and give them the confidence to buy. Each month in the Bazaarvoice Network, more than a billion consumers view and share authentic content including reviews, questions and answers, and social photos across 6,000 brand and retail websites. Across the network, Bazaarvoice captures billions of shopper signals monthly - data that powers high-efficiency digital advertising and personalization with unmatched relevance.
Who we want:
Each month, Bazaarvoice sees more than 800 million people read reviews, questions and answers about millions of products through the Bazaarvoice network. Our R&D organization is growing, global, innovative, and passionate. Under a unique Bazaarvoice culture, we have built strong development methodologies, now ready for an individual champion to own, retain and enhance for further success across the enterprise.
As our Director of Agile Practices, you will establish an Agile Leadership Office at Bazaarvoice, establishing and growing a servant leadership team to deliver world class agile practices for the software organization. You will be responsible for championing, governing, scaling, and measuring the success of our operating frameworks. You will hire and oversee a team of Agile Leaders in the roles of Scrum Master, Kanban Flow Master, and/or Project Manager.
What you'll be doing:
* Develop and grow a global team of Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches across multiple physical locations - including work assignment and tracking, career development, coaching and mentoring while also supplementing staff in that role as needed * Define and steer the organization's agile transformation strategy * Serve in the role of "Agile Coach" through championing, training, and mentoring across the organization and in the community * Establish a mature and healthy agile software development working environment, within the context of our organizational values * Provide continuous improvements in operational capabilities to optimize efficiency * Generate regular reporting including performance indicators and metrics, executive reporting and other ad-hoc reporting required by management * Work closely with our recruiting team and R&D team leaders to hire the right people for our agile teams * Coordinate between and among Agile teams for progress, impediment resolution, and project management oversight * Clearly define enterprise-wide guidelines (e.g, DoD, SM, and PO qualifications and responsibilities) * Ensure strong organizational information flow (scaling the coach) * Collaborate with executive leadership team on portfolio governance for Scrum, Kanban, and other projects and facilitate the start or stop of teams based on investment decisions * Facilitates organizational learning, change management, and process adoption of Agile via metrics, benefits realization, outcomes, and retrospective findings
Who you are (Soft Skills, Attributes):
* Hands-on * Self-motivated driver and visionary able to make progress despite obstacles * Strong servant leader and mentor, able to lead and work with multiple diverse roles and personalities * Strong leader with integrity and business acumen * Data-driven, analytical, strategic mindset * Great at planning, detail-oriented and highly organized * Problem solver, logical and creative * Excellent communicator - interpersonal, written and oral communication skills * Excellent at facilitation, interpersonal and relationship management skills * Able to manage and influence others (both within and outside your own direct work-group) * Able to summarize complex issues simply and effectively
What you need (Essential Criteria):
* Demonstrated prior success as an Agile Transformation leader (Director or VP level) in a multi-site SaaS Software Development organization of 100+ members * 3+ years of large-scale Agile coaching experience with Scrum * 3+ years of experience coaching teams leveraging Lean and/or Kanban methodologies * 5+ years with Agile and team collaboration tools such as JIRA, VersionOne, or Rally * Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, Information Systems or related * One or more related agile practitioner certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM, CSP, PSM, PMI-ACP) * Demonstrated experience leading and working with high performing teams, creating commitment and enthusiasm to achieve goals * Experience coaching self-organizing teams and supporting them to reach their goals * Experience cooperating with agile and non-agile (external) teams * Experience working with and managing offshore, nearshore, or outsourced teams * Willing to travel 10-25%
What would be nice (Desired Criteria):
* Familiar with Modern Agile * Experience in the role as a software developer, product manager, or project manager * Experience supporting research and algorithm-development teams. * Experience with large scale retail web provisioning software solutions * Experience managing large team budgets * MBA or other Masters level education * Additional exposure or certifications with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) * Additional exposure or certifications as a Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP) * Experience speaking as an industry or community influencer
Why join Bazaarvoice?
* We're committed to client success: There are over 5K brand and retail websites in the Bazaarvoice network. Our clients represent some of the world's leading companies across a wide range of industries including retail, apparel, automotive, consumer electronics and travel. * We're leaders in consumer-generated content: Each month, more than one-half billion consumers view and share authentic consumer-generated content, such as ratings and reviews, curated photos, social posts and videos, about products in our network. Last year, 135K reviews were submitted each day. * Our network delivers: Network analytics provide insights that help marketers and advertisers provide more engaging experiences that drive brand awareness, consideration, sales, and loyalty. * We're a great place to work: We pride ourselves on our unique culture. Join a company that values passion, innovation, authenticity, generosity, respect, teamwork, and performance.
Our Employee Value Proposition;
BV's Impact on the Market;
We are shaping the way people shop, putting the shopper experience at the heart of everything we do. We partner with the worlds largest brands and our network's impact is comparable to Facebook, LinkedIn and Google. If you shop or research online, it's very likely that you've already interacted with Bazaarvoice. With market leading technology, shopper data that spans over a million shoppers and a billion shopper interactions a month, our future is limitless.
What this means in Engineering;
Working on something real that people use on a daily basis in an environment that celebrates engineering, has been and continues to be a key factor in the success of Bazaarvoice. There are very few opportunities in the market that allow you be part of a company that delivers products that are used by millions of people everyday.
Professional Learning, Growth and Impact;
You can grow your career, your skills and professional experiences by working across a breadth of business initiatives, different global regions and innovative solutions. You have the opportunity to see tangible results from your direct contributions and build your own brand at Bazaarvoice. With new products and markets on the horizon, there has never been a more exciting time to be at Bazaarvoice.
What this means in Engineering;
It is clear that managers want what's best for both the company and people. Here in Bazaarvoice there is a wealth of knowledge amongst the teams that is shared in a collaborative, productive way. Getting to work at our scale with the level of autonomy given, is rare. You are encouraged regularly to be the best version of your professional self at work. You are in charge of your own learning, but given the space and time to own it completely. We don't just say it- we mean it!
You will work with and help recruit bright, experienced, passionate and humble colleagues that bring diverse perspectives on a daily basis. We are open minded, respectful and transparent.
What this means in Engineering;
There are no ego's here in engineering. You are surrounded by smart people who build world class software but who never forget to have fun whilst they do it. Working in an environment where you work together to share knowledge and skills is vital in helping you within your career as an engineer. Both colleagues and managers don't just give support, but focus on listening.
You will be part of a vibrant culture where we celebrate, we collaborate and we come together generously to elevate one another & our community. We promote open dialogue at all levels and are generous with our time and ideas.
What this means in Engineering;
In engineering, we don't look for a culture 'fit' but for a culture add! The atmosphere, not only amongst teammates, but across the wider engineering department (and beyond!) makes coming to work a pleasure. Working as part of engineering, you are guaranteed to work with bright, smart people who will always have something else to bring to the table.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world's smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.
Apply for this job
Bazaarvoice Home Page
Jobs powered by
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.