Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
At Visa University, our mission is to create the future for learning at Visa. The Director of Learning & Development Technology will be a key leader in the work we need to do to bring this experience to life for our employees. This means you will learn something new every day, meet someone new every day and become a rock star in learning technology as you deliver against our clear vision of offering learning opportunities to anyone, anywhere. This is people manager role within Corporate IT in our Austin-based Technology hub reporting to the Vice President of HR & Learning Technology. In this role you will lead design, development and the technology strategy in partnership with our corporate Learning & Development organization. Additionally, this position owns application administration and end-user support services. There will be significant collaboration with business partners, multiple Visa IT teams and third-party vendors. The portfolio includes SaaS and hosted packaged applications as well as multiple content providers such as Pathgather (Degreed), Cornerstone, Watershed, Pluralsight, Lynda, Safari and many others.
The ideal candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to evolve our learning platforms, be able to easily understand business goals/requirements and be forward thinking to identify opportunities that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. We believe in leading by example, ownership with high standards and being curiously creative. We are looking for an expert in technical product development, integration and engineering to join the Visa University team and help drive a learning culture across Visa.
* Develop and nurture a team of engineers by motivating and mentoring, and lead hiring top talent
* Responsible for driving product maintenance and enhancement releases across the Learning and Development functions
* Accountable for the quality of activities during the release of deliverables to production environment ensuring on time and on budget delivery that meets or exceed expectations
* Manage risks and resolves issues that affect application enhancement scope, schedule and quality
* Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or infrastructure component updates
* Forward plan the workload, capacity and hiring plans
* Communicate and adapt presentations to a wide range of audiences regarding goals, planning process, project initiatives, team innovation and results
* Lead engagement with product managers, design team and student experience team in Visa University to ensure that the right learning platforms and content providers are available and accessible to Visa employees around the world
* Ownership of the learning/content layer of our environment, including partnering with 3rd party vendors to leverage APIs, web services, application configuration and support
* Design, build, maintain integrations for SaaS and hosted applications, including diagnosing, troubleshooting and corrective actions
* Partner with IT groups such as Engineering, Network, Security, and Infrastructure on project delivery activities specific to integration and development like SSO, security testing and remediation, network configurations
* Lead vendor demo and technical deep dive sessions for upcoming projects
* Minimum 10 years of experience in technical product development/implementation and engineering role with a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar
* A minimum of 4 years working with packaged software, experience with SaaS solutions for learning & development or human resources operations is strongly preferred
* A minimum of 4 years people management experience
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
* High level of ability in JSON, SQL
* Proven experience working with technologies such as XML, XSLT, XPATH, SOA, SOAP, REST Web Services and Web technologies
* Experience with Python
* Advanced knowledge of SQL programming, C# and .NET with Visual Studio, TFS
* Basic SFTP and encryption knowledge
* Experience with xAPI
* Experience with Microsoft Azure SSO
* Experience with secure development principles
* You have a strong business sense and you are able to independently translate business problems to data driven solutions
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions at multiple organizational levels
* You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, enjoys mentoring and teaching others and you have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.